Leibst

NPC Map

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Is it ready to download the map.bmp of this game? i cant find it.

PhilThib

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 am

What would be your usage of it...there are 2 maps (one normal and one winter), and they are huge files...

Leibst

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 am

I was thinking of change some things in order to create an scenary about spanish civil war. But im not sure if it is possible to use the map of NPC and the engine of RUS. RUS is more adecuatel to simulate a game with aircrafts support.
But i dont want to create expectations because i know what charge of work it is. But i have some time, some information recopilate in past years because i have studied that war and even began some programation for a game but the project was stopped 2 years ago.
I think the engine of RUS could work with this. I was able to make some decent then i will show it to you.

Nikel

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

And why not a full new game ;)

With a new map of course, the map of NCP is very small for Spain, peninsular war or civil war.

If you have time, and knowledge of the war and how AGE engine works... :innocent:

Leibst

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 am

New game? tell mr Thibaut but i think they are really occpied in other business. ;)
One thing is to get familiar with the development tools and make some things and other really different is to make a game.
It could take me all the rest of my life :bonk:

Nikel

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:27 am

Yes, of course, they are.

I was talking about you ;)

They put the engine and get that somebody create the graphics: map, units, portraits, interface.

You have to build the databases that AGE engine uses. For that you need knowledge of the conflict in question, of excel and how AGE engine works of course, but you also need all of those to create the mod.

Leibst

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 pm

I know, AGEOD gives us almost everything we need to mod. To create a new scenary or to modify something created is ''easy' but hard, it takes lots of time. But i think it can be do but only a person.
Anyway i want to start trying with this to see how far can i get.
Im just trying Exmap and its difficult and gives me strange errors that i simply dont understand.

Nikel

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

OK, good luck :hat:

PhilThib

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Exmap is a complex and somewhat "dangerous" tool, it's easy to get trapped with errors that will have ingame consequences (e.g. provinces not adjacent even if they look so).... Starting with the NCP map is a bad idea IMHO, it's just too big and too complex for what you plan, plus you won't used more than 20% of that map, so what's the point ?

If you want to do a game on the Spanish Civil War why not, although I believe RUS will not really be adapted at least on the air war aspect...but it's feasible. Before anything else, draw yourself a map, even very raw, with the different regions, cities, rivers...If not too big, it could be made into Exmap easily...and in all cases without the trouble from NCP...

Leibst

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Thats what im doing finally Philippe. About the NPC map what i was thinkink is to cut only the part of the spanish map, and use it because have AGEOD aspect.
The error that i have... i dont know, maybe it beacuse i dont set properly the files of the mod, it gives me errors just saving or trying to extract the first regions jus to prove how exmap works. ''TTtransportLvls.Get Transport UID -1 too low'' says, ¿? and the other ''violation d'accés á l'adresse 004B2536 dans le module ExMap2.exe. Lecture de l'adresse 0000000C.'' this means nothing to me.

thanks for the answers ;)

Leibst

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Well, i do have now two regions and exmap have created its files, two nice little bmp's :)

PhilThib

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Thats what im doing finally Philippe. About the NPC map what i was thinkink is to cut only the part of the spanish map, and use it because have AGEOD aspect.
The error that i have... i dont know, maybe it beacuse i dont set properly the files of the mod, it gives me errors just saving or trying to extract the first regions jus to prove how exmap works. ''TTtransportLvls.Get Transport UID -1 too low'' says, ¿? and the other ''violation d'accés á l'adresse 004B2536 dans le module ExMap2.exe. Lecture de l'adresse 0000000C.'' this means nothing to me.

thanks for the answers ;)

I can't help, I am not a coder and this (second message is) typical code errors messages...The first one I guess is that your DB inside exmap for transport level is not accurate and something is missing or poorly numbered (check the adddata folder of exmap)...

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”