Nikel

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Err.. Your answer is darker and more arcane, so it is no? :neener:

In photoshop there is a tool called magic eraser, with that you can remove the oval pretty fast. You only have to care of not removing too much (tolerance).

Then look at the expected color of the uniform in those parts that are transparent and paint them

Hobbes

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi Nikel, your reply is a bit mysterious as well :) You are talking about when the final version of Pontiac will be ready? I keep thinking it will only be a couple of weeks - but that is only if I find no new bugs. At the moment there seems to be a problem with leader stats sometimes being 0-0-0 during battles - and certain conditions having a strange effect - altering the controlling faction of an event - so for instance messages are shown to the wrong side. Hopefully these can be fixed - and if no new bugs the scenario can be released and I can concentrate on King William's War.

I was just looking at Paint.NET to see if there was a way of replacing a block of colour like the oval with a transparent background but I don't see it - I assume this is why you use Photoshop. I can see why the oval behind the hair of Kancamagus would have been more of a problem to do as it wasn't a solid block.

I'm hoping I don't have to make any more leaders - I even have an extra one to use at the moment if I need him.

Cheers, Chris

Nikel

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:10 pm

lol :mdr:

I see now the cause of the confusion.

Asked when you finish modding WIA... So of course PW is not Pontiac War but Peloponnesian War.

It could also be the Peninsular War, you know Wellington in the Peninsula :D

Yes, use photoshop for some specific things and paint for most of them :)

Hobbes

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Nikel wrote:lol :mdr:

I see now the cause of the confusion.

Asked when you finish modding WIA... So of course PW is not Pontiac War but Peloponnesian War.

It could also be the Peninsular War, you know Wellington in the Peninsula :D

Yes, use photoshop for some specific things and paint for most of them :)

Damn, I thought somebody actually had an interest in Pontiac's War :)
Yes, the Peloponnesian War would be good to do - but at the moment it feels a long way off.

Cheers, Chris

Aktivist
Private

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Surprised to find that handsome fellow in the unit_CSA_picture files of AACW

The attachment Unit_CSA_Pocus.png is no longer available

Always cheer for the underdog Phillipe, ey?
Attachments
Unit_CSA_Pocus.png
Unit_CSA_Pocus.png (9.13 KiB) Viewed 51486 times

Aktivist
Private

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Question: Where in the model/unit file is the string to the army_picture hidden? I see the connection to the unit_picture (mdl-file, line: portrait). I assume, that string is placed in another file. Which I would like to know, otherwise additional leaders would not get their map pictures, right?

Hobbes

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi Aktivist, this is automatically handled by the game. You just specify what unit picture you want and the army picture of the same name is found when the army picture needs to be displayed (but maybe I don't understand your question fully)?

Cheers,
Chris

Aktivist
Private

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:03 pm

So - unit picture and army picture need to have the same name (different strings as prefix though), okay understood. I was insecure, because some unit pictures have no corresponding army picture (like the one above). But thanks to you it all makes sense to me now.

Cheers, too,
Aktivist

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”