runyan99

British Mod for 1775 Campaign

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:15 am

This mod does two simple things for the American Revolution scenarios.

1) The Strategic ratings for most British and Hessian generals have been reduced by -2 from the stock values.

2) Most replacements for British Regulars have been eliminated.

BoA gives the British too many replacements. My understanding is that British Redcoats were pretty much irreplacable during the war. The game's allowance for repairing damaged companies 'in the red' back to full strength is probably more than enough to model a historical level of replacements.

The British can still earn extra Regular replacement companies by capturing the strategic cities of New York, Philadelphia and Charleston, as per the basic game.

(Note - for now the messages still periodically announce the addition of replacements to the pool, but no replacements are in fact added. Ignore the messages. Once I learn how to edit the script, I may edit the messages)

The reason for these changes are that I feel the British generals have been overrated across the board. This, in addition to the generous amount of replacements available, allowed an aggressive British player to smash into Washington's army very aggressively. In my opinion these factors made the game pretty much unwinnable from the American side against a decent human opponent.

This mod should help to slow down the British offensive, rebalance the game in favor of the Americans, and make for a more even game for two players.

To install the mod, just copy the Models files into BOA/GameData/Models, and the 1776 Campaign file into BOA/Events.
Attachments
British Mod.zip
(46.59 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

BoHill
Civilian

1775 or 1776?

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:00 pm

runyan99 wrote:To install the mod, just copy the Models files into BOA/GameData/Models, and the 1776 Campaign file into BOA/Events.

Why is this mod titled "British Mod for 1775 Campaign" when the attached modded campaign file is for 1776?

Is there also a mod of the 1775 campaign file?
:confused:

runyan99

Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:23 pm

The 1775 scenario uses some of the 1776 files.

Return to “BoA Mods”