Stwa
Colonel

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 am

:bonk:

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:28 am

You can also use generic events for leaders as well.

So, instead of saying "More reinforcements have arrived in the South", you can say "General Clinton has arrived in the South" (presumably with reinforcements). :)

It really is just a matter of taste in a large way, but by using generic events, you can get rid of a whole lot of noise in the event scripts, and the Local BoA file. Great for WiA too which has even more noise that BoA.

But just remember, when working with generic events, that could be used more than once during a scenario:

Always use Start Event 999 or the event may not execute.

Always use Fixed Date if you only want the event to execute one time.

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:33 am

Of course you can use generic events to launch FULL events.

Full events allow you to add a popup graphic of the New World Gazette and add a sound effect.

Over time, I cleaned up some of the language (kinda) in the Full event texts. But only, because they were initially written by people who spoke French.

Beyond that, I haven't done too much with the Full event texts, apart from removing some of the date references. But soon, I may completely revamp how these are done.

The problem (or issue to me), lies in the fact that the Full events are generally used as a history lesson or primer. And I am not sure I have ever liked that so much. :wacko:

I have provided 2 pics below that illustrate the issue in my mind.

It is the Cornwallis scenario, and Clinton lands in Virginia, albeit to late to help Conrwallis. But in the game that I am playing, Cornwallis is at Ninety Six wiping out whats left of the American Forces there. :bonk:

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:07 pm

OK, here is another great example of FULL event texts gone astray. ;)

Gates arrives in the North to "thwart Burgoyne's advance". But in true to himself fashion, Burgoyne never arrives, but send the Halfwit Fraser insetad. :wacko:

Return to “BoA Mods”