Stwa
Colonel

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

:cool:

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 am

By 1863 the arrival of new recruits has slowed considerably. This screen is from 1862 Bull Run Campaign scenario. BTW 1862 Bull Run and 1862 Antietam are identical in all respects except Sharpsburg is added as an objective to both sides. In Bull Run, 1861 and 1862, the objectives for both sides are Washington and Richmond.

I have now worked in all the naval units there are. These are most valuable for blocking the advance of enemy stacks. The gunboat pictured, will prevent the Union from moving across the James River. Also note, that I do not use individual ship names for Transports, Bateaux, Riverboats, and Gunboats. It is just cleaner that way, and these ship types are never used in event scripts by unique name.

[ATTACH]29064[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 am

Here is an unusual pic showing Union forces mostly in Maryland. Actually, Lincoln would have loved the AI. The AI is very brave, and whenever it assembles even a moderate force, it immediately sends it on its way to Richmond.

Also, note the Ironclad being used in a bombardment role. Most useful. Also, note I finally got around to removing Ft McHenry. So now, there is only Ft Monroe and Ft Sumter. Maybe there will be others later on.

[ATTACH]29066[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Here is Antietam. Jackson has captured Washington. Stuart was holding Sharpsburg but had to retreat.

I had to give up on using the Sudden Death rule, since the AI just doesn't understand the concept of Sudden Death. :neener:

And, I am trying various Objective configurations. The one that seems to be the best is the one that is very simple. That is, no more than 3 Objectives. There are 8 Strategic cities that never change. But for Objectives, Washington and Richmond are always Objectives for both sides in each scenario. And then for each scenario, you make the place name of the scenario as an Objective for both sides as well. So, Manassas, Sharpsburg, and Gettysburg. If these places are not made Objectives, both sides seem to ignore them, except Manassas.

These scenarios are real laughers, and like all BoA scenarios there is a lot of action.

[ATTACH]29090[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am

OK,

Me thinks I am done for now. I made some quickie CSA Army and Fleet bullets (not my strong suit). :neener:

So, graphics are done, data is done, and going forward, maybe I will add some scenarios in North Carolina and Georgia.

[ATTACH]29109[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Sometimes the AI breaks up its corps and floods the zone (Virginia). Other times it makes a killer stack. When you start a scenario, you never know which mode you are going to get.

Check out the pic, and note the number of units and generals involved.

[ATTACH]29114[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Ok, I do believe I am done messing with the Virginia scenarios for now.

I decided to add a few Western cities to the map. Just to show the sheer vastness and emptiness of the BoA map. Its a great map.

So, I added Cincinatti, Nashville, and Chattanooga. For fun I relocated the Western Flotilla to Cincinatti. I am not sure how useful they will be out there. But now I have cities close to the Western edge of the map, and on each of the 3 waterways; Ohio, Cumberland, and Tennessee.

And, I think there was a battle in Nashville, I just don't recall much about it. There was a campaign centered around Chattanooga and maybe someday I can do that in game.

Note the game has the Tennessee cities in the map area Tennessee, but the map says Kentucky. It probably was Kentucky in 1763. Dunno?

[ATTACH]29159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29160[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm

You can go West in BoA, to the Great Plains.

[ATTACH]29175[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 am

OK, now I know I am done. I am not really going to do the French or Spanish, even though the Spanish soldiers of this era, looked very close to French soldier. There just isn't any territory for them.

All the regions on the map are taken up by the Union, Confederates, and the English, except for Haiti, which I gave to the English for fun.

So, one last screenie. I like the flag I suppose. It is better than using the American flag. Jpeg conversion (for uploading) didn't do it any favors. And the American flag, is still the 18th Century version. Of course! It's BoA.

With my limited abilities, I am not even going to attempt the shell (upper left corner).

Well, nice seeing everyone and chatting again. I got alot done this modding season. See you guys around.

[ATTACH]29338[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:51 am

Hi All,

I finally got some time to add the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville scenarios. It was pretty simp, considering I had most of the units and the commanders already in the data base.

[ATTACH]31883[/ATTACH]

Return to “BoA Mods”