gbs
Colonel

Leader Mod compatibility w/ 1.06c

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:23 am

I have been using the leader mod with my current campaign. After installing 1.06c the saved game will not start. A new game will start with what looks like the original leader events, rating etc.. Do I need to re install the leader mod on top of 1.06c and when I do, will my old game then start?
(side bar) I wish this mod would become official. :coeurs:

McNaughton

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:43 pm

gbs wrote:I have been using the leader mod with my current campaign. After installing 1.06c the saved game will not start. A new game will start with what looks like the original leader events, rating etc.. Do I need to re install the leader mod on top of 1.06c and when I do, will my old game then start?
(side bar) I wish this mod would become official. :coeurs:

It isn't compatible, because of UID conflicts based on new units/modeld (from what PBBoeye said earlier).

gbs
Colonel

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:14 pm

So, does this mean that I need to reinstall the Leader Op. Mod over the
1.06c version and it will work with my current game? Yes or no? Do I have to start the March 1861 campaign anew?

With all due respect the ratings and events with this mod are more realistic in my view and I would like to use it in all my games hince this is why I ask the Devs my question about making it official.

McNaughton

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm

gbs wrote:So, does this mean that I need to reinstall the Leader Op. Mod over the
1.06c version and it will work with my current game? Yes or no? Do I have to start the March 1861 campaign anew?

With all due respect the ratings and events with this mod are more realistic in my view and I would like to use it in all my games hince this is why I ask the Devs my question about making it official.

It isn't compatible, changes have to be made to the Leader Optimization Mod for it to work with 1.06d. One thing you have to understand is that while you, me, someone else may think that these ratings and events are more realistic, it is their game, and they need the time to see which things they support, and which that they do not. This takes time.

PBBoeye
General

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:51 pm

Yes, and perhaps the mod isn't at a point where we want to present it yet. Has a bit more polishing that needs to take place - mainly CSA leaders and events.

Once that is done, then I feel confident the crew will enjoy it quite a lot, and then if it becomes standard fare, then there is no need to make work-arounds to get it to work with the latest patch(es). Until then, we have to dodge a bit here and there to stay out of the way (data-wise) of the latest offerings from the crew and still make the mod work.

I've been trying to find which data files are causing the problem, but so far not that successful. I believe they are from the Gamedata directory, but not sure. I'd like to incorporate as many of the v1.06d changes as I can with the Leader Mod.

Return to “AACW Mods”