Franciscus

Mod dir ??

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:55 pm

To try out the leaders modifications of Hancock and Stonewall, and also maybe to try the other mods that are beginning to appear, I tried to create a Moddir, following Stonewall's recomendations

Stonewall wrote:To create a moddir, follow the following steps:

(1) Go into your main AACW directory. In this directory there should be a couple of folders (ACW, Documents) and files, including the AACW.exe file.

(2) Create a new file using notepad entitled "moddir.ini".

(3) Open the moddir.ini folder and type in the first line: Weather Testing

(4) Save the moddir.ini file.

(5) Create a new folder called "Weather Testing"

(6) Copy the entire contents of the ACW folder into the Weather Testing Folder

Done. All downloads of weather testing should go into this new directory to avoid messing up your original install.

From this point on, every time you load the game, you will load the game from the Weather Testing Directory. If you wish to load from the main original files, simply open the moddir.ini file and delete the first line, leaving it blank. Save and you are now loading from the original files.

To verify that you are in fact loading the moddir, when the initial load screen comes on, in the top of the screen, you should see a reference to moddir and the path the moddir is loading from.

I made a copy of ACW folder, and renamed it Leaders Mod, incorporating the changes of Hancock and Stonewall, and made a moddir.ini file with notepad, with Leaders Mod in the text; both the folder and the ini file are in the main AACW directory.
But when I load the game, everytime on the upper left corner it says: "Using Mod dir \ACW". I have tried various pronunciations: "moddir", ModDir", Mod Dir", etc, to no avail - everytime ACW is used, and not Leaders Mod.
What am I doing wrong ? :p leure:

Thanks for any help

Primasprit

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi Franciscus!

The correct file name is modpath.ini

Cheers
Norbert

Franciscus

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Thank you !!

Return to “AACW Mods”