Pocus

[Public beta tests] AACW half campaigns in the making

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi,

For the modders interested in testing and checking the two one-theater campaigns, here they are (they are in XLS format, they must be exported as scenarios).

Remarks are to be posted here only for now.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/halfcampaigns.zip

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Well, I am interested in these scenarios, but I am no modder; nevertheless, I managed to find in the forums the CVS splitter for AACW, and tried to read the modding handbook for Boa, but, probably because I am dumb :8o: , I do not seem to get it.

Do you have, per chance, a modding guide for dummies ? :niark:

Primasprit

Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi Franciscus!

To create these scenario files is luckily quite easy. :)

Here you go:

1. Open the file [font="Courier New"]AACW_Setup1862_EastCampaign29.xls[/font] with Excel or better Open Office.
You will se that the document contains 3 sheets: 'Setup at start', 'Event Scripts', 'Cities Controls'. The sheet 'Event Scripts' is empty, so we don't need to care about this now.

2. Go to the sheet 'Setup at start'

3. Save the sheet as csv-file. Be sure to set the correct output filter options:
Field Delimiter: ';'
Text Delimiter: none
Save for example as [font="Courier New"]Setup.csv[/font]

4. Open the sheet 'Cities Controls' ans save it as csv too. Let's say: [font="Courier New"]Cities.csv[/font]

5. Quit Office and open the CSV-Splitter

6. CSV-Splitter, Tab 'Setup, Events': Load the file [font="Courier New"]Setup.csv[/font] you created before.
Press 'Make Script' and you will ge a file [font="Courier New"]Script.ini[/font].

7. Copy the [font="Courier New"]Script.ini[/font] to .[font="Courier New"]..\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Scripts\ [/font]
Overwrite the existing file.

8. CSV-Splitter, Tab 'Script Cities': Load the file [font="Courier New"]Cities.csv[/font] and press 'Extract Script'. You will get a file [font="Courier New"]Cities.inc[/font]
Rename the file to [font="Courier New"]CitiesCampaignEast62.inc[/font] (this name is set in the setup xls file, line 69). Copy the file to [font="Courier New"]...\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Includes\[/font]

9. Almost finished! Start AACW and press 'F9' as soon as the load screen appears. In the top right corner 'Edit mode = on' will become visible.

10. Do nothing. the scenario will load automatically. After it loaded quit to the main menu and press 'Save'. The scenario file is now saved.

11. Quit AACW and start it again. Start a new game. In the scenario list you will see a new entry now. It has the strange name 'str1862ECampaign2DispName' as there is no dedicated string in the string DB at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Cheers Norbert

Pocus

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:37 am

Don't bother redoing the inc. files, they are already in the game directory.

What do I only provide the XLS and not the scn and sct files from the start? Because I think there must be a first round which is reading and checking the setups and reinforcements to check for errors before creating the scenario.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Primasprit

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:28 am

Pocus wrote:[...]What do I only provide the XLS and not the scn and sct files from the start? Because I think there must be a first round which is reading and checking the setups and reinforcements to check for errors before creating the scenario.

I took a look to the files but found only the scenario setup, no reinforcements/events. So does the reinforcements still need to be created or are they only missing because of an error?

Pocus

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 am

right, the West campaign has events though, but the East one has not. I will ask PhilThib.

PhilThib

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:43 am

Yes, I had no time to complete the East Campaign events. Only the West has been properly checked. I'll do some work on the east later on... :bonk:

Primasprit

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:28 pm

Pocus wrote:right, the West campaign has events though, but the East one has not. I will ask PhilThib.

Ok, seems I opened the same file two times and was thus certain they contained both no events... :bonk:

Return to “AACW Mods”