jscott991
Lieutenant

Changing a Script

Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 am

I doubt this will get an answer, but I can't figure it out and I've been googling all evening.

I want to give the Union more conscripts at the start of the 1862 scenario.

I found the script file that seems to set that value. It's aacw/civil war/acw/scripts/script.62.ini

In it are these values that follow. I've changed the conscript value to a number of different settings, saved the file, loaded the game, and it always begins the scenario with 200. I've set it at 300, 400, 500, etc. It just won't change in game.

What am I doing wrong to save the script?

CreateFaction = $USA

SelectFaction = $USA
MapOffSets = 9000;1900
Alliance = 1
RulSuddenDeath = 1
RulPettyWar = 0

ChangeVPCount = 225
ScenVictoryCond = str1862Campaign2VC_USA
SetCapital = $Prince George's, MD;5
SetMoraleLevels = 40;200
SetNavalPool = $Shipping Lanes;4
ChangeRailPool = 250
ChangeRiverPool = 50
ChangeConscriptPool = 200
ChangeMoneyPool = 600
ChangeWSUPool = 200
ChangeFacMorale = 95
ChangePriceInc = 0
SetTRSAssetsInfos = $uni_CMN_Rail;$uni_CMN_Riv;$uni_CMN_Sup1
SetRevoltersInfos = $uni_USA_Yan;15;35;50
AutoRaiseON = 1
SetCombiUnits = 0;0;60

Bohémond

Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 am

jscott991 wrote:I doubt this will get an answer, but I can't figure it out and I've been googling all evening.

I want to give the Union more conscripts at the start of the 1862 scenario.

I found the script file that seems to set that value. It's aacw/civil war/acw/scripts/script.62.ini

In it are these values that follow. I've changed the conscript value to a number of different settings, saved the file, loaded the game, and it always begins the scenario with 200. I've set it at 300, 400, 500, etc. It just won't change in game.

What am I doing wrong to save the script?

CreateFaction = $USA

SelectFaction = $USA
MapOffSets = 9000;1900
Alliance = 1
RulSuddenDeath = 1
RulPettyWar = 0

ChangeVPCount = 225
ScenVictoryCond = str1862Campaign2VC_USA
SetCapital = $Prince George's, MD;5
SetMoraleLevels = 40;200
SetNavalPool = $Shipping Lanes;4
ChangeRailPool = 250
ChangeRiverPool = 50
ChangeConscriptPool = 200
ChangeMoneyPool = 600
ChangeWSUPool = 200
ChangeFacMorale = 95
ChangePriceInc = 0
SetTRSAssetsInfos = $uni_CMN_Rail;$uni_CMN_Riv;$uni_CMN_Sup1
SetRevoltersInfos = $uni_USA_Yan;15;35;50
AutoRaiseON = 1
SetCombiUnits = 0;0;60

Hello,

Once the modified .ini file is saved, you must follow the following steps ;

Step 1 ; Rename your script62.ini in Scrip.ini. Make sure that the error logging is turned on (Options menu).

Step 2 – Launch the Editor
Launch the game. As soon as you see the message about loading textures (10%...), strike on the F9 key. You will noticed on the top right-hand side of the loading screen the mention “Editor Mode”.

Wait until you see the game map and your scenario units magically appears in front of you…
If they don’t, you’ll either get an error message or nothing (more exactly you get the load menu)…in which case you did something wrong.

Step C– Check and Save
Once the scenario appears on the screen, you can have a look around it as you wish. The major difference with a complete scenario is that you can check all units from all nations everywhere on the map. This allows you to quickly see if everything you planned is well in there.

If you are satisfied, then center the map where you want the scenario to open upon normal play and click on the save button. Your scenario is now saved.

If you are not pleased or want to improve it a bit more, then just Quit the game and proceed with the changes you wish to add.

Regards
Marco, perché vai così forte in salita?» «Per abbreviare la mia agonia.

Return to “AACW Mods”