andatiep

3 MOD questions

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 am

Hello,

- I would like to know if there is a way to change the naval region in front of Vera Cruz (Golf of Campeche from Low Waters to Coastal Waters (if not, no oceanic fleet can reach Mexico, whatever it is French or USA.

- I also search a way to link by "foot" the region "North Mexico" to "California".

- Next to this, i think there is a bug to solve for AACW2, when you set the Historical attrition option (i guess it's because of this) :
The French, British and probably Mexican units on the map are just step by step collapsing, turning more and more red, since there is no replacement for them at the start of the game and no way for the players to buy some. So when the Foreign Intervention will arrive, there will be nobody in Canada or Mexico...

To hack our current PBEM, i modified 2 future events (events which already happen are too hard to MOD, i don't know how to) where i add this most of the needed replacements (i copy/paste some of those which are suppose to arrive sometimes after the FI occured) :

Code: Select all

Remplacement = ENG;$famLine;5
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famElite;3
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famCavalry;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famLightArty;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famMedArty;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famHvyArty;1
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famSupply;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famMilitia;15
GenMsg

but i still have a problem, i didn't found the name of some replacement in the code (e.g. "famElite" for the elite infantry) for this kind of units : Light infantry, Engineers, Signal services (for hospital and signals) and HQ.
So this kind of units are starving and probably will not be anymore available amoung the foreign troops when the FI will occure...
Does someone have this names in mind ?

Thanks in advance,
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Clovis

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 pm

andatiep wrote:Hello,

- I would like to know if there is a way to change the naval region in front of Vera Cruz (Golf of Campeche from Low Waters to Coastal Waters (if not, no oceanic fleet can reach Mexico, whatever it is French or USA.

- I also search a way to link by "foot" the region "North Mexico" to "California".

- Next to this, i think there is a bug to solve for AACW2, when you set the Historical attrition option (i guess it's because of this) :
The French, British and probably Mexican units on the map are just step by step collapsing, turning more and more red, since there is no replacement for them at the start of the game and no way for the players to buy some. So when the Foreign Intervention will arrive, there will be nobody in Canada or Mexico...

To hack our current PBEM, i modified 2 future events (events which already happen are too hard to MOD, i don't know how to) where i add this most of the needed replacements (i copy/paste some of those which are suppose to arrive sometimes after the FI occured) :

Code: Select all

Remplacement = ENG;$famLine;5
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famElite;3
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famCavalry;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famLightArty;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famMedArty;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famHvyArty;1
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famSupply;2
GenMsg
  Remplacement = ENG;$famMilitia;15
GenMsg
but i still have a problem, i didn't found the name of some replacement in the code (e.g. "famElite" for the elite infantry) for this kind of units : Light infantry, Engineers, Signal services (for hospital and signals) and HQ.
So this kind of units are starving and probably will not be anymore available amoung the foreign troops when the FI will occure...
Does someone have this names in mind ?

Thanks in advance,

Pour te répondre:

_modif d'un terrain d'une région: fichiers régions dans AACW/Gamedata/Regions. Le terrain est indiqué par un chiffre qui correspond à celui du terrain dans les fichiers terrins du dossier AACWGamedata/terrains

_ajout de replacements:tu trouvears les noms des Familles d'unités dans le fichiers AACW/Aliases/modelfamilies
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Rafiki

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Hehe, Clovis, you reply in French to a question in English so that people need to know both to make any sense of it? ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

andatiep

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Clovis wrote:Pour te répondre:

_modif d'un terrain d'une région: fichiers régions dans AACW/Gamedata/Regions. Le terrain est indiqué par un chiffre qui correspond à celui du terrain dans les fichiers terrins du dossier AACWGamedata/terrains

_ajout de replacements:tu trouvears les noms des Familles d'unités dans le fichiers AACW/Aliases/modelfamilies

Mille merci vénérable MoDeur suprême, je vous en suis expressément reconnaissant :hat:

Rafiki wrote:Hehe, Clovis, you reply in French to a question in English so that people need to know both to make any sense of it? ;)

Of courses, people need to know both :w00t: but not allays the same languages. Send the first sand grain to the one who speak only one language !
But hopefully with the ones who speak at least 2 languages, we could continue the universal translation quest of Babylone : you will all find a concrete experimentation of what Clovis said, in english, here in this House Rule list http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=176936&postcount=3 (in the Chapter E. "About Mexico").

Do not panic...
Albion still rules.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Clovis

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Sorry Rafiki, but I switched to the easier brain settings

here the translation

_modification ofterrain type in a region: look in the region files in the AACW / Gamedata / Regions folder. The terrain is indicated by a number that corresponds to the terrain number in the folder AACW/Gamedata / Terrains

_addition of replacements: you may find the names of families of units in the file AACW / Aliases / modelfamilies
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Return to “AACW Mods”