Paul Roberts

Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Clovis wrote:Pocus has announced a new one ( only code changes, no new features), but it should include 2 new Ai events commands which are almost madatory to plan a viable offensive AI...like in the next Rise of Prussia patch maybe...

So it really is a case of improving a game that was said to be put to bed.

:thumbsup:

Gray_Lensman

Thu May 13, 2010 3:27 pm

deleted

Brochgale
Brigadier General

Wed May 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Clovis wrote:The files

Enjoy...or grumble

Ta for this! Now to find the time to play it! :mdr: :thumbsup:
"How noble is one, to love his country:how sad the fate to mingle with those you hate"
W.A.Fletcher "Memoirs Of A Confederate Soldier"

Meagher
Sergeant

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 pm

I am having a problem installing this mod using XP. I have tried 3 times now and I keep getting error messages after processing day 15. If I ignore the messages, the game seems to work until it stops around late 1862.

Maybe I didn't erase everything properly. Can I just uninstall and erase the folder? I am using the default install, so I shouldn't have a problem like gustfire's right?

What information do you need from me? Thanks for your help. I look forward to playing the latest version of this mod.

saintsup
Captain

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello,

Is the mod in its current version usable with last AACW patch ?

BigDuke66
General

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Why not?
I would like to know if the changes for the new patch have any impact on this mod and will lead to a new version.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

brifbates
Civilian

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:13 am

Just installed mod over a clean game install (game install, 1.15 patch, mod in order) that seemed to go without a hitch. Starting on late april turn processing I got a message about game stalling due to encountering errors. attached are the 4 logs...
Attachments
Logs.zip
(38.82 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

will1488
Civilian

Im getting the same errors

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:18 am

Im getting the same errors. im running win 7 64 bit

xmas2
Corporal

My first contribute to SVF mod

Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am

Hi, this is my first contribute, I´m registered in the forum since … 2 hours.

I´m a historical simulation lover :coeurs: , so I have load to check this mod, the modder introduction with explications is very interesting. :w00t:

Before to start with the campaign, I have looking for other mods too. And the only one interesting was General Graphic Mod.
I check every pictures in the threads. I have noted that some pics lack in this mod. :D :D :D
So I have created a file with every pics lacking. :bonk:
The “models” files I have changed only in “picture” item.
… and for the files, don´t thanks me (I only collected them), thanks the “General Graphic Mod” thread users. :thumbsup:

Weird. In the vanilla game and in the SVF mod too, there is a Union general named Sweeney … No one (generals) in civil war had this name. I have found only “Thomas William Sweeny (December 25, 1820 – April 10, 1892) was an Irish soldier who served in the Mexican-American War and then was a general in the Union Army during the American Civil War".
Please if it isn´t my mistake, change in the correct name.

Well,

I had started a campaign as Confederate and …

… , after 2 days of play, I ´ve got the following bugs or problems:

A) Respawn … (what ? This is not a FPS …. but): :blink: :blink: :blink:

2 confederate vessels (CSS Venus and CSS Advance) respawns as in FPS … in the 1862 winter I had 4 (four) CSS Venus and 5 (five) CSS Advance patrolling in the Atlantic ….
Well … are 2 options: is a bug or there are not more names for vessels (I think the first)

B) Vessels useless: :confused:

Game start on second turn with 2 vessels in Richmond (CSS Germantown and CSS Plymouth).
After un-lock more turns later, they are blocked in Richmond by swallow waters.
I don´t know, if is a bug, or it´s a simulation of scuttled vessels …
I seach in internet and I have not found nothing about CSS Plymout (but yes as Union vessel pre-war) and about CSS Germantown I have found:

Completely equipped for sea and awaiting a crew, Germantown was scuttled at Gosport Navy Yard 20 April 1861 as Union forces evacuated Norfolk. The Confederates raised her in June; fitted her out as a floating battery to serve near Craney Island for the protection of Norfolk; then sank her as an obstruction in the Elizabeth River shortly before evacuating Norfolk 10 May 1862. Raised by Union forces 22 April 1863, Germantown saw no further service. Her hulk was sold by auction at Norfolk on 8 February 1864.

C) General Confederate Johnston (3 stars in the start game).

Unfortunatelly he was killed on summer 1861 (in my campaign of course) …
… but caused by a script event in summer 1862, he appear in Richmond !!!!!!!!!! :confused:

D) Error messages: :(

every turn, after the combats / movements etc. appear a messages text in a window, warning to call ageod support caused by error. Options to select: yes, no, cancel.
Always I click on “no”, and game follow without problems.
(Two time I´ve got a CDT, but when I have reload, it run normally)

… until EARLY DECEMBER 1862...

… I click on turn, movements and combat run, then the pointer make “hourglass “ and then … NOTHING... don´t complete the turn.

...Iwas winning !!!!!!!!!!!! I had conquered all Missouri State !!! It´s a bug or the Union AI don´t want to lose ?

Resume: now the “bug (?)” don´t leave me continue to play. The hourglass don´t complete.

Please help me to continue THIS campaign. :( :( :(
Attachments
Struggle for a vast future mod.zip
(2.07 MiB) Downloaded 368 times

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:32 pm

deleted

xmas2
Corporal

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:09 pm

Thank you very much to reply me. :)

It´s very kind, (and denote a lot of professionality in the management of the forum), warning me for the modder absence. :thumbsup:

By the way, ACW is very very very good game, (if you will take some items from the other 2 - Force of freedom and War between state, you will get the perfect Strategic Civil war game). :D

Please, would take a check on the attachments file in my previous post, concerning the generals pics to joint in your next official patch 1.16.
That it is not a my job (digitalization of pictures), I only found them in mod thread Graphic general, I only collected them. :bonk:

Bye and thank you again :)

Clovis

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 am

I haven't forgotten SVF ;) . A new version for the 1.16 will be rady during September!
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

BigDuke66
General

Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:40 am

GREAT! :thumbsup:

Pelok
Corporal

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 am

Clovis wrote:I haven't forgotten SVF ;) . A new version for the 1.16 will be rady during September!

So until September TOAW3 rulez.... :mdr: Or is it a treachery?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My English is better than your Hungarian.

Clovis

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:32 pm

I've made a portage of the mod under 1.16. So I've now a working version. Preliminary tests with CSA AI are really encouraging, as AI moves are yet more logical ( Johnston coming to Manassas in June or July 61 to join Beauregard against McDowell).I have yet to adapt some new features ( mainlynew AI behaviours about arm's composition under some Generals)and I would like to adapt the ROP Austrian AI offensive model for Federals. Last, I would try to model more accuratly the naval stuff.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

BigDuke66
General

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:35 am

Sounds delicious. :thumbsup:

Pelok
Corporal

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:36 am

Great news!

What's your opinion? When will be ACW completely finished?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My English is better than your Hungarian.

Clovis

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Pelok wrote:Great news!

What's your opinion? When will be ACW completely finished?

I hope the next patch to be the last; each new version has forced me to modify SVF. I really think AACW to be with the next patch as good as possible. any new feature (like the ROP recruitment system) should be delivered in a 2.0 version. As is, AACW has gotten the very essential improvments of the AGE engine since 2007, and it remains the definitive PC gameon the subject, whatever some clumsiness here and ther. AACW AI is much better today and the 1.16 version has delivered some new refinements SVF needed.

I've read somewhere on a German forum a very short AAR against Confederate AI rather elogious. The 1.16 version has at last given me the scripting commands necessary to build a offensive Northern AI and I plan to use them on the model of the ROP Austrian AI.

What amazes me is the durability of the AGE engine; AACW is now on my HD since 3 years andit seems to have not getting older, but better..
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

deguerra
Major

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:00 am

Hi Clovis!

Do you foresee any vast problems if I install this version of your mod over the latest beta patch?

Alternately, am I correct in the assumption that you are still updating this and will at some point release a version specifically for the latest beta patch?

Thanks!

-deguerra

marecone

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:48 pm

All I wish from Santa is new svf mod. :thumbsup: Go Clovis, go!
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Clovis

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm

You will. And if you wish to discover this new AI, tryRUS. The RUS AI is 100 * better than ever it was in SVF. And I'm not kidding, I'm myself surprised by the result. :bonk:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Franciscus

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:37 pm

I am also eagerly awaiting SVF 2.0. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your hard work, Clovis :coeurs:

Big Muddy

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Hello Clovis, I hope you are well, I have not been he in quite some time. Seem's slow now, or every won playing something else.

Also forgot lookng foward for 2.0

Rafiki

Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Clovis is certainly quite active with RUS these days, I'd say :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Big Muddy

Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:54 pm

would V1.15 play with SVF? I have V1.14.

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Now that 1.16 seems to be pretty much stablized (the only complaints were graphics) are we still looking at a December release? No pressure, get RUS all well and good before hand, I'm just curious. Regardless, thank you!

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:52 am

I finally dipped my toes into the mod forum yesterday and installed this mod. It's been pretty fun so far, but there are a few issues with 1.15. I was wondering if Clovis still wants any feedback on this or is it on hiatus until 1.16comes out?

gchristie
Brigadier General

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Кловис (Clovis) вернуться. Мы не хватать Вас!
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Well according to the modding site, SFV 2.0 will come out in a week. (21st)
http://moddercorner.com/category/aacw-mod/

Athens
Brigadier General

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 am

von Sachsen wrote:Well according to the modding site, SFV 2.0 will come out in a week. (21st)
http://moddercorner.com/category/aacw-mod/

indeed :)
Fatal Years mod for RUS: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2875975

My blog: http://moddercorner.com/about/

[SIZE="2"]Players quotes about Fatal Years:[/size]

the more I play this the more I become convinced that RUS is one of the best strategy games I have ever played... and I have played many since the mid 80's. The AI in this mod is at level with Sid Meier's best efforts.

Return to “AACW Mods”