GustFire
Sergeant

Scripts file

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Could you post the scriptreport file located in the Scripts subfolder? It could be an event.

Okay, here it is:
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

God and I are like two giant fat people in a tiny boat.
We keep bumping into each other, and laughing.
~~ Hafiz

Clovis

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:36 pm

GustFire wrote:Okay, here it is:

OK. Got it

Dowload the following 2 files

Unzip MetaAeras Aliases files into the SVF/Aliases directory and Aeras file in the SVF /Gamedata one
Attachments
Areas.zip
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
MetaAreas_Aliases.zip
(796 Bytes) Downloaded 468 times
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 am

Clovis wrote:Yes, there's only one scenario for SVF, the April campaign. Do youhave others?

Yes. I have every scenario that comes with the vanilla version. Except a lot of strategic towns are not strategic towns in the scenario I was talking about.

GustFire
Sergeant

!!!

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 am

Unzip MetaAeras Aliases files into the SVF/Aliases directory and Aeras file in the SVF /Gamedata one

That worked! :thumbsup:
I no longer have the problem.
SVF stays in the game, going right to the next turn after completing the previous one.
God and I are like two giant fat people in a tiny boat.

We keep bumping into each other, and laughing.

~~ Hafiz

Clovis

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:17 am

enf91 wrote:Yes. I have every scenario that comes with the vanilla version. Except a lot of strategic towns are not strategic towns in the scenario I was talking about.

Never seen such a broken SVF installation. Delete all scenarios in the SVF scenarios directory and run again SVF1
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:35 pm

OK, allegedly those files are there, but they're not appearing in Windows Explorer.
>>Nor is AACW reading them.

Clovis

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 pm

enf91 wrote:OK, allegedly those files are there, but they're not appearing in Windows Explorer.
>>Nor is AACW reading them.

Once again, we come to this problem: for some reasons, your AACW installation has created some parts of the file in another directory and obviously when launching AACW you're playing with thses remote files. I would strongly suggest you to do a search in hidden files and folder on your computer.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:05 pm

You're right, it was going into a hidden folder. Hidden from ME! I'm the only user of this computer. And even after I clicked "share with everybody" it still wouldn't show the hidden folder. I hate Windows.
>>OK, I started the scenario. Most of the things seem OK, except:
-Sharpshooters are still 7 CS each.
-Lexington, MO is not an objective.
-Columbus, KY is not a strategic town.
-The USA starts with 100 NM instead of 85 (unless you changed that in your mod).
-Kentucky can be entered from the start.
I think these are more "missing folders" from SVF mod. Which ones, specifically, so that I can search for them?

Clovis

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 pm

enf91 wrote:You're right, it was going into a hidden folder. Hidden from ME! I'm the only user of this computer. And even after I clicked "share with everybody" it still wouldn't show the hidden folder. I hate Windows.
>>OK, I started the scenario. Most of the things seem OK, except:
-Sharpshooters are still 7 CS each.
-Lexington, MO is not an objective.
-Columbus, KY is not a strategic town.
-The USA starts with 100 NM instead of 85 (unless you changed that in your mod).
-Kentucky can be entered from the start.
I think these are more "missing folders" from SVF mod. Which ones, specifically, so that I can search for them?

I suggest you to open SVF1, SVF2 and SVF3 manually and not by running them as executable files. You could use Winrar to open them as archives. Contents of SVF2 go to SVF/gamedata, contents of SVF1 to scenario, settings, aliases and events folders, SVF3 to graphics...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:53 am

I opened them with WinRar and extracted them to the folders you said. Now a critical error triggers. CTD.
Attachments

Pelok
Corporal

Critical error

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:00 am

Clovis wrote:OK. Got it

Dowload the following 2 files

Hi Clovis!

I've encountered the same problem and I solve it by your method. It was worked for a half year. At the beginning in 1862 the critical errror and the collapsing appeared again after every or almost every second turn just before the new turn begins.
I've overwrite the two files but the problem appears again and again. Can you solve it?

I post the main log file and the script report files..

Thanks a lot!
Pelok the confused user
Attachments

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My English is better than your Hungarian.

Pelok
Corporal

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Yesterday I played 4 or 5 turns without any problems. I don't understand....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My English is better than your Hungarian.

PANGI

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:20 pm

I have some error in british OOB...
Attachments
capture_14042010_161048.jpg
ImageImage

Nikel

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Pangi!

Now that you got the complete package, will you also create some NCP graphics? :D ;)

Did I see an AACW portrait?

Paul Roberts

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I've encountered an error as SVF ends processing for the first turn. I'm playing CSA this time.

I'm playing SVF 1.1 with a fresh installation and patch of AACW. The installation appears to be correct (I've done it many times before). This is on Vista, but I have installed AACW outside of the Program Files directory to keep things together.

Here's the main log file (attached). Let me know if you need any of the others.

I hope this helps!
Attachments

von Sachsen
Captain

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:39 am

Hello, first I must say, great mod, I'm just having a few problems. The largest is that after 1862, at the end of proccessing the turn, it shows an error message that terminates the game, though until the last time (July) it was always ok save wise. Then for some reason the save is screwed up. Is this the mod, did I screw up the install somehow? Any help is appreciated. Another small issue is that since the beginning of 1862 I have gotten "Kansas raises a brigade from Indian and Black troops" every turn, and nothing appears.

elxaime
General

Can get installed

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 pm

I am trying for the first time to get SVF up and running. I have Vista and a fresh install of ACW 1.15. The first time I tried, I ended up with all of the problems listed above. But the thread now looks very confusing as to what to do to make this install and work. Two questions:

1. Can a concise how-to be posted on installation again?

2. Even with good installation/start up of the mod, are people still having crashes and errors down the road? Don't want to start a game if the mod is still being polished.

Thanks.

TheDoctorKing

Where the heck are all those Rebs coming from?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:35 am

Playing as the Union against CSA AI. It is April 1862. I've been calling for volunteers and paying at least some bounty every time (I think 1,000$ twice and $2,000 once). I've been building piles of infantry, a few but not too many guns or ships. I advanced into Virginia and got Manassas and Fredricksburg. I was feeling pretty good about my chances going into the spring, even though a big Confederate assault had taken Fort Monroe in December. Imagine my surprise when a superior force of Confederates - 109000 of them! - attacked me a Fredricksburg, while another superior force was watching my fortifications at Manassas, another superior force was standing off my cavalrymen in Texas, Hardee had equal numbers with Grant around Island No. 10, and a good-sized division was facing my two small divisions around Pensacola. I loaded up the game as the CSA and found that there were three more 400+ strength divisions hanging about in other corners of the Confederacy that I hadn't encountered yet. I estimate the CSA has half again as many men as the USA. They also have about ten ironclads under construction in various ports. They have 845K$ and 500+WS in their stockpile. And they have 30+ line infantry replacement points, with other types of replacements in proportion. What's going on? Has the CSA been "enhanced" when played by the AI in order to give the Union a tougher fight? Or am I doing something wrong?

I've attached the save game file.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paul Roberts

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Update:

I downloaded and put in the "MetaAreas" and "Areas" files posted by Clovis several messages back (post #62). The MetaAreas file was already current in my installation (which is the latest set of SVF files available in this thread), but the Areas file posted here was actually newer than the one contained in my fresh SVF installation.

Now I am able to get past turn one.

[Edit:] Further Update:

When the riverboats spawn up and down the Mississippi (I'm playing CSA), the ones based in Vicksburg and New Orleans can't move out of their regions into the river, and blockade runner Lewis Cass has the same problem. Boats farther north (e.g. Island 10, Nashville) don't have this difficulty.

Is it possible that some files have been corrupted in the latest SVF? I have had the problems I describe only in this latest version.

Clovis

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

TheDoctorKing wrote:Playing as the Union against CSA AI. It is April 1862. I've been calling for volunteers and paying at least some bounty every time (I think 1,000$ twice and $2,000 once). I've been building piles of infantry, a few but not too many guns or ships. I advanced into Virginia and got Manassas and Fredricksburg. I was feeling pretty good about my chances going into the spring, even though a big Confederate assault had taken Fort Monroe in December. Imagine my surprise when a superior force of Confederates - 109000 of them! - attacked me a Fredricksburg, while another superior force was watching my fortifications at Manassas, another superior force was standing off my cavalrymen in Texas, Hardee had equal numbers with Grant around Island No. 10, and a good-sized division was facing my two small divisions around Pensacola. I loaded up the game as the CSA and found that there were three more 400+ strength divisions hanging about in other corners of the Confederacy that I hadn't encountered yet. I estimate the CSA has half again as many men as the USA. They also have about ten ironclads under construction in various ports. They have 845K$ and 500+WS in their stockpile. And they have 30+ line infantry replacement points, with other types of replacements in proportion. What's going on? Has the CSA been "enhanced" when played by the AI in order to give the Union a tougher fight? Or am I doing something wrong?

I've attached the save game file.

Hi, ironclads come by events, with randomization.

There was indeed a problem in the last version; until the latest AACW patch, AI wasn't recruiting sufficiently ( and doesn't industrialized well). the 1.15 patch has improved AI so much I reduced number of free conscripts CSA AI gets. In the sam way, I lowered build values of many Union units.

But...Never forget April 62 was in RL the period CSA reached the less unfavorable force ratio ( one year enlistment, conscription, etc). In game term, CSA will have recently got the conscription option when North hasn't yet. I agree CSA armies to be slighty too strong ( and Union a bit too weak). Half ratio isn't so much unreasonable, the trouble is CSA AI is concentrating them more in main amies than Confederates did.

Now, what about the new version?

Here begin the bad news.

I've begun a major overhaul of the mod, currently unfinished. So I'm unable to upload the new version today....

The good news is a new AACW version should come in the next weeks. Not only this version fixes an old bug with retreat, but it should contain some new AI tools giving me really...

The good news... giving me really tools to build a rather efficient Northern AI ( and yet a better CSA AI).

Considering the current playability problem, I hope to put a new version this week, but I can't be sure as I miss time in the short run. But SVF is yet alive. ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Paul Roberts

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 pm

That's all good news! I'm glad to hear that we have much to look forward to.

Thanks!

Clovis

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:That's all good news! I'm glad to hear that we have much to look forward to.

Thanks!

If the tools are implemented and if I'm right, the human player will have some serious difficulty to win.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 am

I thought AACW was finished and everything else was for MODs. Shame Gray's got screwed.

Frank

Sat May 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi Clovis

i notice a small bug with your mod. You can´t enter Decatur, Alabama.

Bye
Frank

denisonh
Captain

Fri May 07, 2010 6:08 am

Paul Roberts wrote:That's all good news! I'm glad to hear that we have much to look forward to.

Thanks!

Ditto!

Paul Roberts

Wed May 12, 2010 2:07 am

Paul Roberts wrote:Update:

When the riverboats spawn up and down the Mississippi (I'm playing CSA), the ones based in Vicksburg and New Orleans can't move out of their regions into the river, and blockade runner Lewis Cass has the same problem. Boats farther north (e.g. Island 10, Nashville) don't have this difficulty.

Is it possible that some files have been corrupted in the latest SVF? I have had the problems I describe only in this latest version.

Further further update:

I decided to start a new game of SVF as CSA, same version as before. This time I'm not having the problem with riverboats described above. Nothing has changed (this is not even a reinstallation), so I can't imagine why it didn't work before but is working now.

Another item, though: the Plymouth Squadron frigates that begin at Richmond can never leave their starting point because the James river is "shallow".

Paul Roberts

Wed May 12, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm posting this here, although I suppose it could be a main engine glitch.

In my recent CSA game against the AI in SVF, I laid siege to Baltimore with Joe Johnston and was eventually repulsed. However, I noticed something that made me load up the turn as Union to have a look.

Apparently there are two Butlers. Is this an OOB problem with SVF?
Attachments
Double Butler.jpg

Clovis

Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi

Good catch.

I'm waiting the next AACW update to post a new SVF version, which will definitly tackle the Union AI, the real AI tools being at last available.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 pm

What do you mean, "the next AACW update"? Isn't 1.15 the legacy patch, meaning it's done? Or did they find enough CTDs to put out 1.16?

Clovis

Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 pm

enf91 wrote:What do you mean, "the next AACW update"? Isn't 1.15 the legacy patch, meaning it's done? Or did they find enough CTDs to put out 1.16?

Pocus has announced a new one ( only code changes, no new features), but it should include 2 new Ai events commands which are almost madatory to plan a viable offensive AI...like in the next Rise of Prussia patch maybe...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Return to “AACW Mods”