soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Plea -with SVF - ACW

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi good folks.

I dearly wished I could have played Clovis's SVF mod. By the time I finally got around to finishing my game with Banks6060 to my dismay I discovered that Clovis's mod had disappeared.

I'd love to have a copy of that mod. Clovis did some really magnificent work that trailblazed as much as Gray.

Perhaps its a stupid/ridiculous request but is there anywhere I can get a copy? Perferably one that works with AACW verion 1.13b. My aim is to do it justice with a PBEM and AAR (assuming I could find a like minded individual) in 2010.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:11 pm

deleted

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:You just needed to look a little further down in the AACW Mods sub-forum.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=12415

Unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious (which is often the case) my suspicion is that Clovis removed the files when he left the forum. Such a shame if I'm right as his work really did deserve better acknowledgement, at least in this players HO. :(

gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 am

All I can find is the 1.0version of the mod, http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14006

The ver 1.12RC5 mod does not appear to be on the forum.

Hope somebody has saved them and can post them again, IF Clovis doesn't have an objection.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Clovis

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am

gchristie wrote:All I can find is the 1.0version of the mod, http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14006

The ver 1.12RC5 mod does not appear to be on the forum.

Hope somebody has saved them and can post them again, IF Clovis doesn't have an objection.

1.0 is the newest version, 1.12RC5 was a precedent one.

1.0 isn't updated to the 1.05 patch. Working a bit on that ;)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Clovis,

So nice to see you back ;) Now as all will well know. As far as computers and me go...I'm like the proverbial monkey in charge of a microwave.....not a clue.

So I did a fresh install of AACW v1.0. Then downloaded the 1.13b patch and installed. Then tried to fire up your files. Everything seemed to be OK till the end when I got these messages.....

[ATTACH]9830[/ATTACH]

Have not the foggiest how to proceed or indeed whether its possible. Oh and I do operate under VISTA with the Admin turned off.

Just put me out of my misery is all I ask :love: ......even if its to just to say 'you hav'nt the slightest chance of making it work on your system'
Attachments
Clovis1.jpg

Clovis

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

soundoff wrote:Hi Clovis,

So nice to see you back ;) Now as all will well know. As far as computers and me go...I'm like the proverbial monkey in charge of a microwave.....not a clue.

So I did a fresh install of AACW v1.0. Then downloaded the 1.13b patch and installed. Then tried to fire up your files. Everything seemed to be OK till the end when I got these messages.....

[ATTACH]9830[/ATTACH]

Have not the foggiest how to proceed or indeed whether its possible. Oh and I do operate under VISTA with the Admin turned off.

Just put me out of my misery is all I ask :love: ......even if its to just to say 'you hav'nt the slightest chance of making it work on your system'

You must extract first the SVF2.exe and SVF3.exe contents in the AACW folder.

But SVF will not be playable with 1.15 AACW now ( mostly because of the new region in Richmond aera).

I will post soon a new SVF version.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

arsan

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Clovis wrote:I will post soon a new SVF version.

That will be a great Christmas gift for the community!! :thumbsup: :coeurs: :coeurs:

Glad to have you back at the forums!! :w00t:

bigus
General

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:06 am

Clovis wrote:I will post soon a new SVF version.

Excellent!

Welcome back Clovis.

Return to “AACW Mods”