cptcav
Lieutenant

Order of Battle

Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Is it possible to take an existing scenario's order of battle files and change them (i.e. take an existing unit of say three infantry, a cavalry, and an artillery element and change it to four or five infantry elements only) without having to create a whole new file from scratch, replace units on the map, etc.?

Regards,
CptCav
Born Texan, Texan till I die!

Gray_Lensman

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:39 am

deleted

bigus
General

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:33 am

cptcav wrote:Is it possible to take an existing scenario's order of battle files and change them (i.e. take an existing unit of say three infantry, a cavalry, and an artillery element and change it to four or five infantry elements only) without having to create a whole new file from scratch, replace units on the map, etc.?

Regards,
CptCav

Yes you can ....but you must recreate the scenario.

Gray_Lensman

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:03 am

deleted

cptcav
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Gentlemen, thank you.

I am not worried about the other scenarios as my opponent and I only play the campaign. I figure that I will make copies of the original files should I ever decide to play a different scenario. And, worse case scenario, I will reload the game.

My intend is to make the order of battle where the infantry brigades are pure infantry and to add cavalry brigades to the build options. I also want to change the number of guns in the artillery elements. And, so far, I am at a loss on how to do it.

I wouldn't mind learning how to do everything the right way, but I must say the lack of a mod manual makes it very difficult to learn. I guess that I will have to keep reading through all of the posts. :(

Regards,
CptCav
Born Texan, Texan till I die!

bigus
General

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:58 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:BUT, he will still affect every other scenario that uses the units that he has modified meaning he will have to modify all the scenarios that use his redefined unit.

If you are going to give an answer be sure to give them the other details too, or be prepared to answer their questions about WHY their other scenarios are affected after they make a modification that they thought was only going to affect their newly modified scenario.

Really? I can change any element in any scenario I want in a single scenario without altering any other scenario.......What the **** are you talking about.

cptcav wrote:My intend is to make the order of battle where the infantry brigades are pure infantry and to add cavalry brigades to the build options. I also want to change the number of guns in the artillery elements. And, so far, I am at a loss on how to do it.
CptCav

You can change the OOB to anything you want. The build options will be normal build elements (If i understand your question). Not sure if you can change the number of guns per element....without altering another file (Models).

Gray_Lensman

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:34 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:53 pm

deleted

Rafiki

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 am

bigus wrote:(...) What the **** are you talking about. (...)

[color="Red"]To be honest, I don't understand why there is such resentment between the two of you, but you're involving the rest of us in it, which makes us unwilling parts in it.

There is room here for discussion, but it needs to be constructive and focused on the issues at hand. If you're unable to do that and feel the need to start badmouthing the people you are discussing with, then both you and we are better off finding other venues for venting your hostility.

I have two point I want to make about the use of obscene language:
  • It is wholly unacceptable. I have edited your post to delete it, since it has no place on these forums. People access these forums from a variety of places, and they shouldn't need to worry about their 5-year old looking at the screen if they should come by.
  • If you feel you need to resort to obscene language to make your point, you have failed. If you are unable to make the points you wish to make in ordinary, civil language, then packing them in obscenities only highlights that failure, even if you think it may be masquerading it. It makes you look bad, it makes us feel bad (mostly for you) and it makes for a better discussion if you simply hadn't posted at all.

Any further public display of squabbling and quarreling will be removed. If you have questions or issues you wish to discuss with me, I'll be happy to hear, but it'll have to be by PM, IM or by mail ("rafiki [at] ageod [dot] net")[/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “AACW Mods”