MikeV
Sergeant

1.14 tweaks

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I've enclosed a copy of the files I edited after the recent 1.14 patch release.
A lot of it was code cleanup, fixing silly generator errors such as the following:

Code: Select all

Apply

SelectRegion = $Rockland, NJ

SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Rockland, NJ
  CreateGroup

-and-

GenMsg

EndEvent

SelectFaction = $USA

SelectFaction = $USA

-and-

SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Lincoln, KY

SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Lincoln, KY

I also re-vamped the events for the USA faction (haven't had time for the CSA) that boil down to two substantive changes that ease early-game frustration [well, for me anyway :) ] --
  1. The various militia units that were locked in forts with [font="Courier New"]FixType = 999[/font] now appear as reinforcements at those forts with [font="Courier New"]FixType = 0[/font]. Various "state guard" units now have [font="Courier New"]FixType = -999[/font], allowing you to activate them by moving enough friendly units into their region.
  2. All the at start units and newly-arriving units have [font="Courier New"]FixType = 0[/font], since they already have a delayed entry and many of them start out understrength.

I've play-tested the changes a little, but not extensively, so I could use some feedback. To install the files, make a copy of your 1.14 ACW folder, then unzip these files over them (the changes are in the [font="Courier New"]Scens/[/font] and [font="Courier New"]Events/[/font] sub-folders) and point your [font="Courier New"]modpath.ini[/font] there.
Attachments
ACW114mod.zip
(153.37 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Nikel

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:16 pm

What a first post :)

You have no interest in the napoleonic wars, have you? :D

Gray_Lensman

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:31 pm

deleted

MikeV
Sergeant

AGEod "CSVSplitter"

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:AGEod then runs a special program called "CSVSplitter" which automatically converts these .csv files into the various text based output files

Can we get a copy of that program?

MikeV
Sergeant

Napoleonic

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Nikel wrote:You have no interest in the napoleonic wars, have you? :D

I do, but I've only purchased AACW as my first exposure to AGEod games.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 am

deleted

Pocus

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:44 am

MikeV wrote:I do, but I've only purchased AACW as my first exposure to AGEod games.

We would be very very interested in seeing someone which can work mostly independently in improving the data issues in Napoleon's Campaigns. We would make the effort in replying often to the questions of the said person, if posted in the Modding forums :neener:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Nikel

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 am

Pocus wrote:We would be very very interested in seeing someone which can work mostly independently in improving the data issues in Napoleon's Campaigns. We would make the effort in replying often to the questions of the said person, if posted in the Modding forums :neener:

You were not very subtile, were you? :D ;) :)

Return to “AACW Mods”