Clovis

SVF and PBEM

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Just dropiing a note about SVF and PBEM as this subject has arisen in the main AACW forum and , for this one, is really out of topic in the thread.

As is, SVF is playable in PBEM. They should only remain a few minor bugs, thanks to Marecone and Big Muddy help, mostly concerning events lacking text description.

The next versions shouldn't change much to the data. The only remaining active front is the AI, whose dedicaced events haven't any influence in PBEM, or some leaders values or traits, whom changes are immediatly used in a running game.

The last point really disturbing is the balance. The balance problem is certainly tied to the industrialization and manpower capacities for both sides. In some ways, who knows how much balanced is the normal game?

But to get appreciation of balance, I will have to get results between 2 human players. I will soon trying to do some PBEM with the mod because modding is tied with play. But if anyone wants to try, I will be pleased to get the resulyts of experimentation..
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

mikee64
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Clovis, when the current patch is officially released, and my current pbem is done (it won't be long look in the AAR forum) I will be looking to start another pbem using your SVF mod this time.

I'll keep you up to date when that happens either over here or in the AAR area.

Thanks for all your work on this BTW.
Mike

Return to “AACW Mods”