Clovis

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 pm

marecone wrote:IMHO Rebs are acting strange. Winchester is still in their hands but PGT is still marching headless around Harisburg. One raiding party of divisional size up north. Maybe nothing important but I thought you would like to check it out.

Bee is psuhing North, but I guess it should get back soon. Beaureagard is certainly heading for Richmond region. When you will begin a new game, you should have better CSA AI behaviour, as some new events I've added haven't fired in your session. In any case, The AI isn't losing whole army by invading North. Not so bad.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Clovis wrote:Send me the battle file. Did you have only one stack under Banks at Winchester? Or have you sent some small reinforcments with attack posture? If the second case, Whatever the screen says, only this small force attacked...

There's too the frontage effect. Winter has reduced the max mumber one side may engage so the numerical advantage is maybe less important than it seems.

Last, how high was the cohesion of US troops? A low one may have accelerated disengagment.

Banks and few divisions under him. After I waited for 3 turns for him to get white envelope to storm the place I have decided to send him to HF. Guys that left were able to go to agressive stance and attack.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Clovis

Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:43 pm

marecone wrote:Banks and few divisions under him. After I waited for 3 turns for him to get white envelope to storm the place I have decided to send him to HF. Guys that left were able to go to agressive stance and attack.

OK. I've raides slighty the loss percentage commanding automatic retreat. In fact, you won :neener: but as the CSA unit can't retreat,she recovers and inflict more hits to Union force who breaks combat. The CSA unit was almost exahausted though. I never saw 2 results as you have had at Lexington and Winchester. ;) Tht's the interest of playtest :thumbsup:
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 am

I will continue with my save but if you think I should start from scrtach I will do it. I have started over 50 times overall but finished only once. I was the first beta to finish campaign ages ago ;)
Imho even 50% of loses should be enough for a regiment to try and retreat and if impossible maybe they should surrender.
Just my two cents
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:05 am

marecone wrote:Imho even 50% of loses should be enough for a regiment to try and retreat and if impossible maybe they should surrender.
Just my two cents

Automatic retreat is set to 20% losses but unfortunatly, surrendering is out of modding reach...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 am

Clovis wrote:Automatic retreat is set to 20% losses but unfortunatly, surrendering is out of modding reach...

Ok. Should I start from sctracth or should I countinue my old save?
Also, I am volunteering to test battle results as well if you want. You can set armies and then I can replay let say 10 battles and send you results. If you want and think this is needed I will be glad to help with this as well.

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 am

CSA AI new version end of July 61

CSA AI should fare better.

About battles, my current tests doesn't show bad side effects. Maybe he would be more useful to wait a little before doing time consuming tests.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm

One more thing regarding AI. AI tends to move his forces to towns. This is ok. What bothers me is when he gets there he dosn't attack. Example is Price in Missouri. On first turn I build militia and one of them usually appears in Lexintong MO. same turn Price and his command arrive there, siege it for a short time and next turn he goes back south. Why he didn't storm the place? It has a depot and could be valuable.
What I want to say, is there a way to program AI to storm the city if he has a stronger force? 5:1 or at least 10:1.
This bothered me in original version as well. Simply hated it. What use of march is there if when you reach an enemy town with 10,000 veteran troops and then they get scared of poorly trained and small regiment of militia. If this could be adressed IMHO that would be a huge deal on AI programing.

As for battles, I agree. I have just offered my help so you know I am willing.

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:45 pm

marecone wrote:One more thing regarding AI. AI tends to move his forces to towns. This is ok. What bothers me is when he gets there he dosn't attack. Example is Price in Missouri. On first turn I build militia and one of them usually appears in Lexintong MO. same turn Price and his command arrive there, siege it for a short time and next turn he goes back south. Why he didn't storm the place? It has a depot and could be valuable.
What I want to say, is there a way to program AI to storm the city if he has a stronger force? 5:1 or at least 10:1.
This bothered me in original version as well. Simply hated it. What use of march is there if when you reach an enemy town with 10,000 veteran troops and then they get scared of poorly trained and small regiment of militia. If this could be adressed IMHO that would be a huge deal on AI programing.

As for battles, I agree. I have just offered my help so you know I am willing.

Price is a special case. he appears by event at Lexington with a ragtag collection of poor units with very low cohesion level ( historically the case). So he can't attack! Since 1.12 or 1.13 version, units with too low cohesion level will not attack.

In any case, taking Lexington could be a deathtrap as the supply at lexington will eventually be exhausted in a few turns, when the risk of encirclement is great.

Now, I will have to find a way to prevent the apparition of a US militia in Lexington. This zone was peculiarly pro-confederate...*

For help...Just play it and report.It saves me so much time it is unvaluable :thumbsup: We'll see later if tests are needed. A current game reveal much of the weaknesses.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Had few nice battles in Kentucky. Good results. Found this small bug.

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 pm

This is how the start of 1862 looks.

In Virginia I got HF and Winchester. Plan is to take Fred and few others in 62

Almost cleared Ky. Plan to get Henry fort and few cities in TN. In best case Nashville.

Get Island 10 and try to get Memphis if possible. Will use ironclads.

Get Springfield, clear Mo and capture Fayateville.

Reinforce divisions and drive for Mobile.

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 pm

marecone wrote:Had few nice battles in Kentucky. Good results. Found this small bug.

Fixed for the next version.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Van Dorn's retreat path is tied to the AGE engine rule. Not much to do on that

Now the 2 questions: Where's Beauregard? Where's Bragg?
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Clovis wrote:Van Dorn's retreat path is tied to the AGE engine rule. Not much to do on that

Now the 2 questions: Where's Beauregard? Where's Bragg?

Beats me :confused: . I will let you know when I find them.

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 pm

marecone wrote:Beats me :confused: . I will let you know when I find them.

FOW is increased in Winter. I bet beauregard being around Richmond.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:47 pm

I have lost 5 morale points and if I recall right I lost it turn before as well. I am not taking any political actions nor did I get a message that I lost it. Save file?

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:59 pm

marecone wrote:I have lost 5 morale points and if I recall right I lost it turn before as well. I am not taking any political actions nor did I get a message that I lost it. Save file?

yes and the scrip report in the SVF/script folder...Thanks
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 pm

BTW, don't forget to build a depot in Louisville (KY)... ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Attached
Attachments
Copy of 1861 Clovis0.zip
(2.79 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
Scripts.zip
(558.25 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Clovis wrote:BTW, don't forget to build a depot in Louisville (KY)... ;)

Working on it :cool: . Few others as well.

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm

Confiriming loss of moral. You can just end turn in save I have sent you and you will see. All other bugs I will point out are from that turn.

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 pm

marecone wrote:Working on it :cool: . Few others as well.

All in all, your game proves the AGE AI to be rather sound. Considering the paucity of CSA ressoruces at start, Athena is able to build forces, organize them and place them around the right place. it makes blunders but until now, your advance is just a little faster than historically. let's see the following turns...
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I agree with you. Athena is impressive. I just want more :D . Anyway, if you can please stay online for 10 or 15 more minutes to see next set of bugs from the following turn. When you see them let me know what do you need. Perhaps that saves are ok as you just need to click next turn to reproduce these bugs.

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Countinueing to lose morale. Maybe rebs as well. Not sure.

Not sure about this one but it says that rebs captured Vera Cruz not the French as in pic.

This happened in original version as well. Triggers when vera cruz happens.

marecone

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Also please check victory points as well. I am losing although rebs didn't have one important win or took my city.

See you tommorow

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:43 pm

marecone wrote:Countinueing to lose morale. Maybe rebs as well. Not sure.

Not sure about this one but it says that rebs captured Vera Cruz not the French as in pic.

This happened in original version as well. Triggers when vera cruz happens.

Found the 5NM bug. trying to fix it but could be a little long.

IMHO these 2 screens aren't showing bugs. Mexican forces are aN US subfaction in game term, as French are for Confederate. So the presence of Mexican units in replacement screen. The CSA messages are generated automatically by the engine and the string is built to display sizure either by CSA or USA of a depot.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Clovis

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:53 pm

NM bug fixed I hope. Unzip the following file in the SVF/events folder. It was tied with the new events lowering US NM when CSA puts a force around Washington. I used the ChangeEventOccurs command but I forgot number used for reseting another event count to 0 was -1 and not 0...
Attachments
USA Events.zip
(24.1 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Big Muddy

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:07 am

Clovis wrote:NM bug fixed I hope. Unzip the following file in the SVF/events folder. It was tied with the new events lowering US NM when CSA puts a force around Washington. I used the ChangeEventOccurs command but I forgot number used for reseting another event count to 0 was -1 and not 0...

I haven't had this happen, is this with current version? I have a question reguarding movement. Wadie was in W. Texas and moved to Souix, Iowa in one turn, that's the whole west coast, is this possible? because that one move allowed him to get behind my lines, I need to know so that in the future I can keep this city secure.

Clovis

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Big Muddy wrote:I haven't had this happen, is this with current version? I have a question reguarding movement. Wadie was in W. Texas and moved to Souix, Iowa in one turn, that's the whole west coast, is this possible? because that one move allowed him to get behind my lines, I need to know so that in the future I can keep this city secure.

Yes. But to fire, the bugged event needs presence of some CSA untis around Washington and only if the US side isn't Played by AI

There are been some changes in the normal version and SVF in thr travelling time needed with off_map boxes. A little too fast indeed.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Two things here. I am not sure aboout the first one as you said you changed it. Perhaps it happened as I am going on wizh my save.

Second one is at the bottom. Missing text.

Return to “AACW Mods”