marecone

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Clovis,I have found another one :cool: . This will be easy to fix I hope. When I built my first pontoon as Yankee, I got a rebel flag one I clicked on it for more details.

BTW, did you check my saves from previous two posts? Is this the right place to post? Are we alone in the universe.... :D
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Clovis

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 pm

marecone wrote:Clovis,I have found another one :cool: . This will be easy to fix I hope. When I built my first pontoon as Yankee, I got a rebel flag one I clicked on it for more details.

BTW, did you check my saves from previous two posts? Is this the right place to post? Are we alone in the universe.... :D

No we aren't alone :D .

I'm looking at yours. But as the current beta 1.13e versions are plagued with bugs, I've some difficulties to really determine if your reports belong to bug due to my modding or the current state of the beta. By example, Ft Sumter combat file is really curious as it seems battles were fought the same days indeed. Except I never had this in 2 years, and I don't see where my mod would be guilty on this because I changed things in battles resolution but the number of rounds or other features relating to this... So for now, I hold my advice.

You may post where you want, even in the main forum :D . Your help is too precious to remain unoticed by me :thumbsup: . But indeed, the prefered thread is now the version 1.0 one.

I've yet more work on pontoons. AI seems to be fully unable to use them....
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Brochgale
Brigadier General

Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:20 am

I have not played this yet but under some pressure from my human opponent to give it a try but I am bit confused as to what patch this is desigend to work with - I have read all about those bugs with 1.13e.

Also is there anything else I need to install to play this. We are also having a debate abouy whether or not to install latest 1.14 patch!
"How noble is one, to love his country:how sad the fate to mingle with those you hate"
W.A.Fletcher "Memoirs Of A Confederate Soldier"

Kcoun
Civilian

Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Gents,

At the risk of sounding like a total idiot .. where the heck are the files for this puppy ? (didnt seem them in first post of this thread)

Thanks ...

bigus
General

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 am

I'm afraid Clovis might have retired after constant complaining by someone about having files that were easily coverted to "Official" game standards.

I'ts a shame because his ideas were great.

Some of his ideas were made official by Gray (Kentucky being the most notable), and are in the new 1.14 patch.

A great loss if he has retired.

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:13 am

I hope he hasnt retired. that would suck.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Disappearance of Clovis

Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Perhaps there is a clue in his name.

"The Clovis culture is a prehistoric Paleoindian culture that first appears in the archaeological record of North America around 11,500 rcbp radiocarbon years ago, at the end of the last glacial period, characterized by a particular tool kit adapted to the hunting of large mammals. Archaeologists' best guess at present suggests this is equal to roughly 13,000 calendar years ago."

Archeologists can't agree on what happened to them, but they disappeared rather abruptly.

So, they developed advanced tools that rapidly advanced the species, then winked out of sight. Hmmmm.

Regardless, his contributions have been great and I wish him well, wherever he is.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Clovis

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:52 am

gchristie wrote:Perhaps there is a clue in his name.

"The Clovis culture is a prehistoric Paleoindian culture that first appears in the archaeological record of North America around 11,500 rcbp radiocarbon years ago, at the end of the last glacial period, characterized by a particular tool kit adapted to the hunting of large mammals. Archaeologists' best guess at present suggests this is equal to roughly 13,000 calendar years ago."

I've been chasing indeed. A ghost of the past ;) . In some way I've won this time. Not an total victory, but at least a real peace I and she deserved after 13 silent years.

Back to the present :)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

marecone

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:14 am

Welcome back Clovis! Lots of people missed you here. I sure hope you will find some time to update svf to newest and probably last version of acw. If you need any help you know where to find me.
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

domlin
Conscript

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:25 am

Welcome back!

Nikel

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 am

Clovis! Welcome back! :)

And with a mysterious love :neener:

AACW modding burning? Hmmm, have you interest in the peloponnesian war? :D

MacGregor
Civilian

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Okay, possibly I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but I can't seem to find a link for the latest version of this mod. Can someone help me?

Rafiki

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi MacGregor, and welcome to the forums :)

Have you checked out "the other" SVF thread? http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14006
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Clovis

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 pm

MacGregor wrote:Okay, possibly I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but I can't seem to find a link for the latest version of this mod. Can someone help me?

Hi, yes the most recent version is in the last page of the thread Rafiki has mentioned.
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

MacGregor
Civilian

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Clovis wrote:Hi, yes the most recent version is in the last page of the thread Rafiki has mentioned.

Ah, thanks. For some reason I assumed it would be closer to the first page, and thought you guys were putting me through some sort of snipe hunt because I'm new here. Or mail buoy watch, pick your hazing preference. ;)

Clovis

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 pm

MacGregor wrote:Ah, thanks. For some reason I assumed it would be closer to the first page, and thought you guys were putting me through some sort of snipe hunt because I'm new here. Or mail buoy watch, pick your hazing preference. ;)

The fact is I like the whole thread to be read :D
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Aragos

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks for posting my book as a source Clovis!
Bob Mackey (*Uncivil War)--

Keep up the great work.

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:42 am

Is this mod supposed to work with 1.15? I think I loaded it correctly, but I am now getting a CTD on start up. Is it just not going to work or did I screw up?

Return to “AACW Mods”