Joe D.
Private

Mono-whatism?

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Ok, I'm new to this game, although I'm a veteran EU player. I'm playing the Jihad scenario as the Red Team, putting all my nations -- except the HR Empire -- under AI control; my intent is to counter the Islamic jihad against the SE portion of my Empire.

But when the scenario begins, I'm immediately hit w/a heresy called Mono something or other, which claims that although Christ had two natures, He only had one will (perhaps that of His Father). There are 3 options for me to choose from, but before I can read/think about this and choose a course of action, the first choice is made for me and my Empire adopts this heresy by default.

After re-starting the game and watching the heresy message emerge, I put the game on pause, but I still had to accept this heresy by default.

Is this because I'm on the "Historical" set-up option, or is something amiss here? I'm patched-up to 1.07c.

calvinus

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 pm

You have 1 minute time to perform your choice, for all popup windows, even for the Historical Events that show only 1 option (just reminders...). The pause button do not affect this time.

If 1 minute is not enough for you, you can increase it. Open the GI.ini file that is located inside the game folder, using a common text editor, and locate the following parameter:

PopupChoiceTime=60000

This parameter is expressed in milli-seconds, so 60000 means 60 seconds = 1 minute. Adjust it...

Joe D.
Private

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 pm

calvinus wrote:
... If 1 minute is not enough for you, you can increase it. Open the GI.ini file that is located inside the game folder, using a common text editor, and locate the following parameter:

PopupChoiceTime=60000

This parameter is expressed in milli-seconds, so 60000 means 60 seconds = 1 minute. Adjust it...

Thanks, you know your stuff; I doubled it to 120000.

Return to “Great Invasions”