gwgardner
Brigadier General

hidden gem

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:30 pm

I just bought the game last night, and have been perusing the manual. I'm becoming more and more excited to actually play the game - I have the feeling that this is going to be the most fun I've had since EUII or CIV. And I've played all the Paradox and AGEOD games.

Just wanted to thank Alexander and a few other posters who have brought this game out of the closet. I remember reading reviews of it in the past that really slammed it. Now I'm wondering if those reviewers really didn't play the game enough to get to know it, or maybe it really was a stinker with bugs, etc. Whatever, the current state of the game seems to have what it takes to grab my attention.

Reminds me a bit of Avalon Hill's History of the World boardgame, which I really enjoyed years ago.

I hope more and more people see the recent AARS and reviews, so this game can get a bigger following.

Ok, so I may be a bit hasty, having not yet actually played it, but I think after all the games I have played I can tell from reading the manual when a game is golden - not to mention those AARs.

calvinus

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your moral support! :indien:

Return to “Great Invasions”