Brendan
Conscript

Peace proposal

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi there all guys!!! :thumbsup:
I'm a new entry to the forum and GI as well.
After reading twice the beta-manual and ALL threads of this forum and after playing some 4 times the tutorial scenario and then passing to play the great campaign (historical) twice as RED player and into the game for 6 years, a series of initial questions has come to my mind either on the mechanics of the game and the rules... I hope you will stand my many questions over the next days (as the game is intriguing me a lot!) :D

So let's start with my first questions...

1) I've noticed that when declared war upon alemans (so far at least 4 times) I am able to arrive immediately at peace with them just clicking on the dove icon and select the 3rd option unconditional peace and the gets with ease 10 VPs on both WRE and ERE: this (and also in general) is due to the ability of my leader DIP value? to the differential of VP between RED player and GREEN (or WRE and Alemans)? or is it a "bug"? I mean, it seems me to "easy" to reach a peace with them without suffering any real menace from them (I like tough and challenging games!)

2) despite enough levies I can't build up any land units as ERE? is there a top to the max land units available at any time? I've read something on the forum but what that figure is (in the GamesRules.csv I see (LAM) should be 25 but then here is not respected as I thing ERE has more than 40 units here and there...maybe is because is fixed by scenario settings?)

3) I'm upset in losing VPs because of pillages from raiders nations, this even if I put even whole armies on the bordering provinces "waiting" for them to arrive...it is correct that a pillage takes place (and VPs lost!) despite the fact that those attacks are defeated by my defences?

4) where rebels take power (see Magnentius), the infranstructures are weaped away...this is a general feature of this kind of event or is done by script at the occurrance of this specific events? Or it is linked to a chance and the rebelliong time of the province?
Do "normal" rebels in general (I mean those that would burst out from bad administration and not by conversion of previous military units by event) move to adjacents provinces and go rebels with them?

well....many others questions (especially on the codes interpretations of the .csv files) but there will be time again... :neener:

Thank you! :coeurs:

Gray_Lensman

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 am

deleted

Gjergj K.
Private

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:55 am

Brendan wrote:
1) I've noticed that when declared war upon alemans (so far at least 4 times) I am able to arrive immediately at peace with them just clicking on the dove icon and select the 3rd option unconditional peace and the gets with ease 10 VPs on both WRE and ERE:

Most likely a bug on the part of the Allemanni AI. When you offer unconditional peace, the AI should be taking as many border provinces as it can. Instead, with you it's taking nothing. Odd.

3) I'm upset in losing VPs because of pillages from raiders nations, this even if I put even whole armies on the bordering provinces "waiting" for them to arrive...it is correct that a pillage takes place (and VPs lost!) despite the fact that those attacks are defeated by my defences?

That's the way it works now. I'm not sure what the developer's intent was, but that is what happens.

4) where rebels take power (see Magnentius), the infranstructures are weaped away...this is a general feature of this kind of event or is done by script at the occurrance of this specific events? Or it is linked to a chance and the rebelliong time of the province?

All rebels- or indeed any enemy army- seem to have a % chance of destroying any infrastructure present per month. It's not scripted. There also seems to be more of a chance of city infrastructure being destryed whenever a city is taken by an enemy.

Palpat
Colonel

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm

And note that when a city is conquered after a siege by the Huns, the whole populations and buildings are destroyed...

PhilThib

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:51 pm

This happens with Barbarians regularly, but even more so with the Nomadic type (like Huns, Avars, Magyars)... In addition, this was also the case historically ;)

Palpat
Colonel

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 pm

In my current game, most Persia and Byzantine Empire are just wastelands without cities.
Flagellum Dei, did you say? :neener:

Brendan
Conscript

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Thank you for your answers :)
Some more insight needed :neener:

As for the first issue (peace proposal), it seems to me there is a sort of "bug" more in general. I'll try to be clearer: as RED player, when declared war upon by Alemans as well as Persians, I can put both wars IMMEDIATELY to an end (with 10 VP gain each time for either WRE and ERE: tot 40VPs) selectioning just the unconditional peace choice... Of course I've decided not to make of it an exploitation avoiding this choice and then firing a diplomatic card (marriage) or trick (mutiny o the like) or fighting and then asking a peace if favorable...however I ask myself if this is not exploited by the AI players... it should fixed in the sense of not letting this choice avalaible at least for 1 year orsome other span time.

As for the LAM code I was playing 1.7 + official modded scenario (which features a topped avalaible units number of 25): I've downloaded it from the GI website (version for 1.7 patch) but I don't know if this mod is worth of: what are your opinions about? Likely I'm converting to a "plain" 1.7c cause it seems this patch doesn't work with the modded scenario (I also suffered some crashes)

As for the "raiders problem", I was referring by the raiders put in action by those minor nations (Blemmi, Picts, Irish) at the start of GDC and not to the raiders of real menaces as will be Huns and others major barbarians nations: in the end I found easier to declare war on them and then pursuit their units in their territory cause I lose 5 VPs on war declaration but this is "cheaper" than being plundered (this even if I win the battle) given the way the pillaging VPs calculation affects my score either as WRE and ERE; keeping a status war with them as long as possible allows me to make preventive retalition ....Anyway it seems to me this represent a sort of exploitation as well (or not?)

Franciscus

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Brendan wrote:(...)
As for the LAM code I was playing 1.7 + official modded scenario (which features a topped avalaible units number of 25): I've downloaded it from the GI website (version for 1.7 patch) but I don't know if this mod is worth of: what are your opinions about? Likely I'm converting to a "plain" 1.7c cause it seems this patch doesn't work with the modded scenario (I also suffered some crashes)
(...)

Hello Brendan

I also use the "official" mod, but I use the one that Calvinus himself posted in post #26 of this thread: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8889

Link to the mod: http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2705&d=1210401813.

As to the crashes, I think that is a "feature" of the game :D . I consider them a manifestation of the barbarian ravages :mdr:

Regards

Brendan
Conscript

Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:04 pm

thanks for your help franciscus...I've installed the mod for 1.7c but I see a slight improvement in the game behaviour. I think it's time for a 1.8 patch :neener: will you find any time for us Calvinus?? :confused: Maybe we can open a new thread for collect all further observations on this matter so that Calvinus may address them as soon as he find the chance... ;)

Palpat
Colonel

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm

We can hope for a new patch. But we can also encourage Ageod to produce a gold edition or, let's dream, a new Great Invasion game!
I doubt Calvinus will work on a patch only, as he seems quite busy with WW1.

Franciscus

Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Palpat wrote:We can hope for a new patch. But we can also encourage Ageod to produce a gold edition or, let's dream, a new Great Invasion game!
(...)

+1 :thumbsup:

Return to “Great Invasions”