Mr Mark
Civilian

Paused?

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:50 am

Is this game paused? I start and it says PAUSE on the main screen, I press the Pause/Break key and nothing happens.

What gives? :wacko:

Primasprit

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:55 am

Strange, the Pause-key is working flawless for me. Does the game respond at all, can you move the mouse cursor?

Mr Mark
Civilian

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:16 pm

I can still move the cursor around yes, I can click on different countries/provinces/troop units and their various stats come up...if I click on a troop of mine, then an enemy (i'm guessing its an enemy) a ram head comes up (this means attack?) or I can tell them to move (a trail of green dots comes up)...but the whole time it says PAUSED, even right from the very start of the game, and it seems nothing happens, I left the game running all night as I slept and came back nothing happened...

As a side note or two, I had to alter the SETUP to run on my machine, I changed it to 16 colours instead of 32 or it was wayyyy too slow. I'm running an Athlon 3200+ (1.84 ghz) with 2 G's of Ram, which should be plenty of 'puter power you would think.

ALSO, I bought this game in a box at EBGames (at the mall) cause it looked interesting, and even in paused looks interesting :sherlock: :laugh:

It says Nobilis, so I'm wondering if I may have to fresh reinstall with the PROPER patch...and which is the proper patch?...there are so many?...do I have to install the mods too?

:wacko: :bonk: :confused: :nuts:

calvinus

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm

One question: do you have the Pause key on your keyboard?
Have you hit the Pause key to un-pause the game?
I know some laptops (maybe you have a laptop) simulate the pause key with Fn+F12. ;)

Mr Mark
Civilian

Very odd..

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 am

The game always starts out paused, but then if I press f5 the game saves (flashes a brief save screen) returns and is no longer paused. But then I cannot pause it again :wacko:

The Pause/Break button does nothing.

:wacko:

I can still play it, just not pause it.

:wacko:

I am also usng Win XP...

I made it about a year, then it crashed...lots goin on in this game!

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:05 am

deleted

Return to “Great Invasions”