onedreamer
Civilian

Multiplayer not working

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 am

Hello,

I am unable to set up a multiplayer game (LAN). If we search automatically no game is found, if we check "internet game" and insert IP and port no game is found....

any hint ?

calvinus

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:08 am

Firewall as a first impression... I had some problems like yours when trying to play with a person whose pc was firewalled.

Also, if you are trying to play with LAN, do not flag the "Internet play" check-box. Do so instead if playing on Internet via TCP/IP.

Finally, both of you must try to be the host, but not contemporarily of course. Probably one PC (or both of them?!) have a firewall configuration that prevent detecting the other host... So let you try to find who is the PC that can't host... and what to do in the firewall setup in order to fix the problem.

I had similar problems when testing the MP over the LAN. My desktop was not able to host the game... never! Damned windows! So I always used the laptop as server and the desktop as client.

onedreamer
Civilian

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:16 am

gah ! We did not understand we were supposed to actually click the search for game button after the Player name window >_<

calvinus

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 am

:niark: :niark: :niark:

onedreamer
Civilian

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Heh, well I must say it isn't really intuitive, since the button says "Ricerca di partite...", this would mean it is already searching.

calvinus

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Yes, you are right. But it's a button, so it must have a purpose. Otherwise it had been a label.

Return to “GI Technical support”