regne-valencia
Conscript

Problem blue map

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:45 am

Hello,i buy the game yesterday,and i installed the game but i have a problem,when i try to play all the map is blue.
I have a acer aspire laptop 7730z XP with a intel graphic card.

Sorry for my english,im spanish and is difficult for me explain that in english.

Rafiki

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 am

Hi regne-valencia, and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having problems with the game.

The GI developer is currently on vacation, but I'll offer some standard advice that may or may not help (hopefully, it does :) ):

- Make sure you have patched the game to the latest version
- Make sure that the drivers for your computer (in particular your graphics card) are fully updated

Is it only the map that is blue, or is the rest of the game interface blue as well?
How far are you able to get in the game's start-up before things start turning blue?

And don't worry about the English skills; your English skills are a whole lot better than my Spanish :thumbsup:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

regne-valencia
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am

hello,i didn,t update the game because is in 1.07 version,and i think is the last version.
the game works well,the interface colors are ok,the only problem is the game map,all the provinces are blue,the game is playable,but if everything is blue is very disgusting to play.

thank you for understand my english :-)

Rafiki

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:16 am

The latest patch is 1.07c, described in this thread: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8889

Can't say I've heard of a problems such as yours before with this game, but let's hjope we're able to get it sorted out properly :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

regne-valencia
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 pm

i will try the patch this night

One time,i heard about this problem in paradox forums,one person has the same problem in the game europa universalis,i remenber paradox did a special patch por intel graphic cards....

i wish i don,t have the same problem....

this night, i will put some images of my problem

Rafiki

Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:01 pm

OK, fingers crossed till then :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

wsim
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:10 pm

regne-valencia wrote:Hello,i buy the game yesterday,and i installed the game but i have a problem,when i try to play all the map is blue.

Not the same blue for the entire map, but different shades of blue, right?

I had the same problem on a netbook with a Intel 945 graphic card (even if the game works) and again on a powerful desktop P IV 3,4Ghz equipped with a poor Intel 3100 graphic card.

Latest patch 1.07c didn't solve the problem, but installing the game on a old laptop Toshiba (dedicated Nvidia card) the map was perfect, so I think that the problem was restricted to the Intel graphic cards.

Hope this help.

(and excuse my english too :) )

regne-valencia
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:35 pm

wsim wrote:Not the same blue for the entire map, but different shades of blue, right?

I had the same problem on a netbook with a Intel 945 graphic card (even if the game works) and again on a powerful desktop P IV 3,4Ghz equipped with a poor Intel 3100 graphic card.

Latest patch 1.07c didn't solve the problem, but installing the game on a old laptop Toshiba (dedicated Nvidia card) the map was perfect, so I think that the problem was restricted to the Intel graphic cards.

Hope this help.

(and excuse my english too :) )

yes,you are right,there are different shades of blue,tonight i will udpate graphic drivers and update game.

regne-valencia
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:02 pm

i update the game to 1.07c and i update my graphic card drivers to the last version,and i crossed the fingers :) but i continue with the same problem,the horribly blue map....
What can i do?

wsim
Conscript

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 pm

regne-valencia wrote:i update the game to 1.07c and i update my graphic card drivers to the last version,and i crossed the fingers :) but i continue with the same problem,the horribly blue map....
What can i do?

Nothing to do, I suppose.

probably your Intel card GMA 4500 (and also the Intel cards I tested) don't reach the minimum graphical request to display the map correctly.

Rafiki

Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:36 am

If changes need to be made in the game to accomodate graphic cards from Intel, we have no choice but to wait for Calvinus' return and hear what he thinks of this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

regne-valencia
Conscript

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:27 am

Ok then i will wait.

Myabe this can help,i can play europa universalis 3 without problems but i remenber some people has the blue map problem,i remenber paradox did a little patch for intel graphics.

regne-valencia
Conscript

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:29 pm

any solution?

calvinus

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Hello, if you see a blue map it means the graphic card is not compatible with the graphic engine of GI. I have the same problem on my laptop. There's no software solution, sorry. :(

teufel0331
Sergeant

dang!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm

calvinus wrote:Hello, if you see a blue map it means the graphic card is not compatible with the graphic engine of GI. I have the same problem on my laptop. There's no software solution, sorry. :(

really?!? nothing... man, that sux. what a waste of $ :crying:

Moncajo
Conscript

Problem blue map

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

calvinus wrote:Hello, if you see a blue map it means the graphic card is not compatible with the graphic engine of GI. I have the same problem on my laptop. There's no software solution, sorry. :(

Calvinus, the problem of blue screen on Intel graphics card also occurred with the Baldur's Gate, recently reissued, it seems that the team's game is providing a solution. The AGEOD could adopt the same solution for the case of Great Invasions?

calvinus

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 am

If the solution does not require a new version of game executable, no problem by me, of course.
Otherwise I can't help you, the project is very old, I can't work on it (no way to make it compile) and the dev PC is ko... :(
Visit my other games at : http://www.calvinusgames.com

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 pm

teufel0331 wrote:really?!? nothing... man, that sux. what a waste of $ :crying:

Yeah, you spent $ on a bad card. If you want to play, use a decent AMD or Nvidia card.

Tecnócrata
Conscript

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 pm

ERISS wrote:Yeah, you spent $ on a bad card. If you want to play, use a decent AMD or Nvidia card.

Man, you can expect an integrated card to not handle the last FPS, but a 2D map? I don't think teufel0331 should expect this, really do you?

But well... Could there be any way to run this with no colors? B/W, I mean. Mapmodes are unreadable anyway, so I prefer to see a gray screen.
[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]I told you that we'll meet again here. The Place Where There Is No Darkness.[/font][/size]

Return to “GI Technical support”