Palpat
Colonel

Recurrent CTD...

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 pm

I am trying to play the 450 scenario, red player. I set all country as AI, except the Franks.
But problem, 2-3 days after the begining of the show, Franks units do disappear -other countries ones are still on map- and if I try to click on one of the province I own, CTD.
Whatever I do, I get a CTD within a couple of minutes.

Any idea of what is causing this?
I would like to play this scenario...

Generalisimo

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 am

I do not have the game, so I can't say much to you... I will only ask for you to have a bit of patience... AGEOD is currently on vacations.
They will get to you as soon as they are back.
Thanks!
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

PhilThib

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:06 am

Never seen that before... CAlvinus, the programmer, is away in his home Sicily till end of the month. He shall get a look into it upon his return. Did you try reinstalling the game may be?

Palpat
Colonel

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Not yet...

By the way, I'm playing with a Nobilis box version bought way back in 2005, and you gave me a new serial in order to install the Ageod patch. Is it possible that the fact I have a Nobilis version + Ageod patch does explain the somewhat instability of my game? (I often experience CTD, crash, corrupted saves/autosaves).

calvinus

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:08 pm

If you post here a zipped savegame, I can try to reproduce and fix the crash, as soon I'm back from vacations, in September.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Palpat
Colonel

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:12 am

I'll try to get a savegame. It may be quite complicated given the fact it crash a few days after the game start and almost once upon the bug arise.

Palpat
Colonel

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:56 pm

Here is a savegame.
It's actually on the very first day of the scenario. As usual, Franks units disappaered (I guess when I went to the Palace) and the game crashed when I tried to interact with the map.
Attachments
Bug 450.rar
(173.71 KiB) Downloaded 473 times

calvinus

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Ok I tested your save, and I got no crash.

I suspect you are suffering the typical CTD caused by the antivirus (popups). The outdated graphic engine of GI has a forced fullscreen mode that goes in crash when an external program (antivirus) causes a loss of focus from the game application...

So: play in windowed mode or disable the antivirus.

No popups / focus loss... ;)

Bruit Bleu

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

I didn't try the 450 scenario, but I have met numerous CTD in a full campaign game, every 5 or 10 years, maybe more often.

I usually reload a save and continue, but this time I couldn't pass year 375. Four tries, all crashed between august and december ; the last crash happened when I tried to save in august.
There are a lot of events during the year...

Here is the savegame.

I play in windowed mode, all other options standard, on a fresh 107C version.
If something can be done, I would be very grateful. :)

The Ageod version runs greatly and is far more enjoyable than the old Nobilis one ! :thumbsup:
But there are still far too much CTD..! :(

PS : Western Roman Emperor Merwig can also be seen in the savegame ! :niark:
Attachments
AutoSave.rar
(196.68 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:13 am

calvinus wrote:Ok I tested your save, and I got no crash.

I suspect you are suffering the typical CTD caused by the antivirus (popups). The outdated graphic engine of GI has a forced fullscreen mode that goes in crash when an external program (antivirus) causes a loss of focus from the game application...

So: play in windowed mode or disable the antivirus.

No popups / focus loss... ;)

When I play, I always disable internet and any Antivirus firewall. Playing is serious business, no need of those pesky distractions!

So, I believe it's the wrong clue.
I'll try to reinstall the game asap.

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

Bruit Bleu wrote:I didn't try the 450 scenario, but I have met numerous CTD in a full campaign game, every 5 or 10 years, maybe more often.

Same here, and freezes too.

Well, I know of GI rushed birth, so I am patient, and I want to give the game a new chance. But some crashes are clearly strange.

I usually reload a save and continue, but this time I couldn't pass year 375. Four tries, all crashed between august and december ; the last crash happened when I tried to save in august.
There are a lot of events during the year...

Had the same issue around the middle of 370 (the year I couldn't pass was 372). But I finally achieved to go in 373. Everything more or less smoth now, apart from the usual random crashes.

Bruit Bleu

Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Palpat wrote:Had the same issue around the middle of 370 (the year I couldn't pass was 372). But I finally achieved to go in 373. Everything more or less smoth now, apart from the usual random crashes.

I managed to cross 375 at 5th try but the game crashed in marsh 376... :bonk:
But I passed it again and am now in 378, it was a bad moment to live, but it's done ! :p

This year 375 knew 4 major invasions including 2 for my Alamans and Huns, and my Suèves are no more raiders but playable.
Maybe something bugs in all these events...

I'll tell you when I'll meet chain CTDs again.
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Return to “GI Technical support”