Rockpsl76
Civilian

Attn calvinus

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 am

Philippe isn't online. I don't want to wait a week to play a game I purchased today. Are you able to get a serial key for me? Or do you have some way of contacting Philippe? I think its a little rediculous to require a serial key for a patch. Is there going to be another patch that fixes this issue? If I purchase a game in-store I really expect to be able to play it same day :grr: Thats kind of whole the point of buying something in-store and not just ordering everything online. Ah how I long for the good old days when video games were just made right the first time :p leure:

Rafiki

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:36 am

Hi!

I have the feeling of coming into the middle of a conversation here, so if my post doesn't address your concerns, I apologize.

Can you explain your situation in a bit more detail? I expect (but cannot guarentee, though) that PhilThib, who usually handles serial keys for GI to be online Thursday, i.e. in not that many hours; even gamemakers must have their sleep if they are to make the games we wish for :)

Since I'm not familiar with the exact working of GI's use of serial keys, I cannot address your concerns over having to provide a serial key for the patch you are applying, but I'm sure that too will be answered not too far down the road.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Rockpsl76
Civilian

Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:47 am

That's precisely my point. If you want to use serial keys, they should be provided with the game, not as an afterthought on a patch, making things more difficult for consumers. Actually, I'd really rather just get my money back. Is there a way I can mail the CD back you guys and get a full refund? The game doesn't look very good anyhow, and my curiousity about it is completely gone by now (replaced entirely by rage and disapointment). I still have the reciept showing I purchased the game from Gamestop four hours ago (four hours of my life I'll never get back :grr: ).

dooya

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:37 am

Rockpsl76 wrote:That's precisely my point. If you want to use serial keys, they should be provided with the game, not as an afterthought on a patch, making things more difficult for consumers. Actually, I'd really rather just get my money back. Is there a way I can mail the CD back you guys and get a full refund? The game doesn't look very good anyhow, and my curiousity about it is completely gone by now (replaced entirely by rage and disapointment). I still have the reciept showing I purchased the game from Gamestop four hours ago (four hours of my life I'll never get back :grr: ).
Did you try this: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4887 ?
No quote - No bullshit!

calvinus

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:56 am

First of all, to Rockpsl76 our apologises.

He probably bought an unprotected copy of GI in a store (Nobilis or some other distributor branded). I suppose that copy of GI can run, even if surely outdated if compared to current version of GI, 1.07c.

I agree he wants to play the game using the latest patch, and I'm sure Philippe will send him a serial key within today.

On the other hand, it's strange Rockpsl76 writes that...

...I don't want to wait a week to play a game I purchased today...

as I never heard about a game (sold in a store) requiring for a serial key but not providing it inside the box!
If it's so, please tell us who is this retailer, which is the brand used for game distribution...

dooya

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:05 am

calvinus wrote:[...]
as I never heard about a game (sold in a store) requiring for a serial key but not providing it inside the box!
If it's so, please tell us who is this retailer, which is the brand used for game distribution...
I think he meant that the patch requires a serial. He wrote:
Rockpsl76 wrote:I think its a little rediculous to require a serial key for a patch.
No quote - No bullshit!

PhilThib

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:15 am

Key sent by PM :cwboy:

Return to “GI Technical support”