Stwa
Colonel

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 pm

:blink:

Stwa
Colonel

May Movement

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:45 pm

The main advance North usual goes to the West of Washington through Sharpsburg or Frederick.

[ATTACH]26356[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

June Movement

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Stuart's Corps will advance to York.

Lee with Longstreet's Corps will advance to Frederick.

Ewell with Hill's Corps will advance to Sharpsburg.

[ATTACH]26358[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

July Movement

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:49 pm

It appears as if the Union has decided to invade Virginia, when they saw our movements to the West. Of course, in real life they followed Lee's army to the North, and tried to stay between the Confereates and Washington and Baltimore. No such conern in this game. :wacko:

So, based on these event's the movements for July are as follows.

Stuart's Corps will proceed to Harrisburg.

Lee with Longstreet's Corps will advance to Baltimore and attack immediately upon arrival.

Ewell with Hill's Corps will advance to Washington and begin a seige.

[ATTACH]26359[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

July Battles

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Stuart was able to capture Harrisburg and Ewell with Hill were able to move to Washington and entrench there.

Lee with Longstreet were able to easily capture Baltimore, but the Union Army did react to Lee's proximity to Baltimore and several corps were directed there. As each force arrived they were defeated by Lee, except for Reynold's Corps which totally destroyed Longstreet's Corps.

[ATTACH]26362[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

August in Virginia

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:56 pm

With command costs corrected, as I mentioned in the first post. The Union Army was able to completely overrun Virginia in a single month, and defeat Lee in Baltimore during the same time.

[ATTACH]26361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26363[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

August in Maryland

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm

If having Longstreet's Corps obliterated wasn't enough, Ewell refuses to activate, and therefore cannot assualt Washington.

I can't remember if I enabled the Sudden Death Rule for this scenario, but if I did, if the Union takes Harrisburg, its all over.

[ATTACH]26364[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

September Movement

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:08 pm

The situation for the South is looking grim indeed.

Stuart is holding pat in Harrisburg, and no enemy force is moving there.

After the disaster at Baltimore, Lee and Pickett moved to Frederick. Now Lee attempts to join Ewell at Wasington and activate his force and assault.

Meanwhile, Union forces are completing their rape of Virginia, adding Petersburg and Portsmouth to the list of captured towns.

[ATTACH]26365[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

October Movement

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:54 pm

After the Battle at Baltimore, Longstreet and McClaws moved to Harrisburg, where Stuart's Corps has been waiting.

McDowell is moving on Harrisburg, and is now very close. Longstreet takes command of Stuart's Corps and decides to move away through Frederick. This situation is tense.

Once Lee arrives and joins Ewell's Corps in Washington, he is able to activate the force, and an assualt is planned.

[ATTACH]26366[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

October Battles

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Lee was able to capture Washington, but it is just a strategic city in this scenario, not an Objective.

The supply problem for this force is acute. This force is 2 corps in size, and may need to seek supplies elsewhere, like Baltimore.

Also, Longstreet riding with Sturart encountered Custer at Frederick with a single Brigade, and destroyed his force, and Custer was killed.

[ATTACH]26367[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26368[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

November Movement

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Lee leaves a small detachment with captured artillery and supplies in Washington, and decides to move the entire force to Baltimore desperately seeking supplies there.

Lee orders Longstreet to take Stuart's Corps to Alexandria in an effort to keep Federal forces in Virginia from passing through Alexandria to get to Lee in Baltimore.

Meanwhile, McDowell after capturing Harrisburg, seems to be sitting tight.

[ATTACH]26369[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

November Battles

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Lee moves to Baltimore as planned and captures the city on Day 8, but McDowell is able to move his sizeable force from Harrisburg to Baltimore and a battle resutls on Day 28. Lee's supply problem remains, but now in Baltimore this may be rectified.

[ATTACH]26371[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

December Movement

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

I checked all the in-game logs to figure out why Longstreet (with Stuart's Cavalry) ended up in Baltimore with Lee.

The only time they are mentioned is an entry on the 28th that says they commited to the battle. And if you check the battle display, you can see the force did in fact commit.

So, Longstreet and McClaws re-join Lee's Army, and Stuart is ordered back to Virginia to see if he can do anything about the Federal forces there, who by now are probably doing what they can to subjegate the women. Only Norfolk remains in Confederate hands.

[ATTACH]26375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]26376[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

December Battles

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 pm

It's funny, but I don't really even know if Fort McHenry was in fact in operation during the Civil War. If true, I will need to change this, because yet another battle occurs there, as Hooker now moves his corps for his turn against Lee. At his point, from all the battles a lack of supplies, Lee's Army is substantially weakened. It won't be long now.

[ATTACH]26378[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

January Movement

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 pm

I can probably stop this at any time now, since there is no victory based on objectives, but Stuart is going to try to re-capture Richmond and Fredericsksburg. He will probably succeed, since Federal forces are now very thin in Virginia, since they have committed 2 monster stacks to battles in Baltimore in the last 2 months.

Also, a few Federal units have moved down the map from Virginia to South Carolina, even though there are no objective or strategic cities down there.

Basically so far, I am getting my arse kicked by the AI, even though I seem to be ahead on points.

[ATTACH]26379[/ATTACH]

Stwa
Colonel

Game Needs Reinforcements

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:57 pm

OK, I am gonna stop here. I did execute January Movement and Stuart did capture Richmond.

I think these campaigns will be just as fun as the 18th century campaigns that came with the game.

There is still alot of work to be done with the Reinforcement script and some modifications of supplies that come with the underlying terrain that should affect only these (Civi War) scenarios.

And yes, Fort McHenry was a prison during the Civial War. :wacko:

Please feel free to add comments (good or bad) if you like.

[ATTACH]26395[/ATTACH]

Return to “Birth of America AARs”