grenna

Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Pocus wrote:Sound you are winning :)

So Far :cool:

Here's the Victory Screen for September 1780. You can see that I am winning on points, but I need to take Wilmington, NC, consolidate my hold on Pittsburgh, and ensure somehow that Pensacola doesn't fall. I also need 2 more strategic towns - I'm aiming for Alexandria and Charlottesville, both in range of Cornwallis and Clinton.
Attachments
Victory_Screen_Sept_1780.jpg

Napoleon
Civilian

Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:39 pm

My first post on this forum! Excellent AAR grenna keep up the good work! I am also working through the 1775 scenario and see that many of the same things have happened. Keep up the great posting.

grenna

Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:47 am

Napoleon wrote:My first post on this forum! Excellent AAR grenna keep up the good work! I am also working through the 1775 scenario and see that many of the same things have happened. Keep up the great posting.

I'm glad that you liked it. However, I've installed the 1.05 patch and the game I was playing is no longer compatible. At that point I had occupied my objectives and was close to controlling the required number of strategic towns. Most interestingly, I suspect that Washington was killed near the end. I wonder if you are informed of this at the end - I haven't reached the end of a campaign yet.

Let me know how your campaign unfolds since they seem so similar. I'd be interested in your overall strategy. And register for pbem, the game is quite tense against a live opponent!

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:35 pm

grenna wrote:The Americans have taken Presque Isle (?)

It means "almost an island", hence "peninsula".

Nice AAR, Gene.

PhilThib

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:34 am

Your translation is litterally perfect...but here, in that specific case, Presque ile is the name of a location (i.e. a village name) :niark:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:39 pm

PhilThib wrote:Your translation is litterally perfect...but here, in that specific case, Presque ile is the name of a location (i.e. a village name) :niark:

Yes, but because it *is* a peninsula. :innocent:

"Presque Isle State Park is a 3,200-acre sandy peninsula that arches into Lake Erie. As Pennsylvania's only "seashore," Presque Isle offers its visitors a beautiful coastline and many recreational activities, including swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, bicycling and in-line skating. A National Natural Landmark, Presque Isle is a favorite spot for migrating birds. Because of the many unique habitats, Presque Isle contains a greater number of the state's endangered, threatened and rare species than any other area of comparable size in Pennsylvania."

Taken from: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/StateParks/parks/presqueisle.aspx

Or should this be a different Presque Isle? :confused:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Anyway, sorry for disgressing. :o

Return to “Birth of America AARs”