Rafiki

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:13 am

All orders are IN; turn resolution will be done later today. Thanks, Coregonas :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Assuming we will use 1.10c for this turn.

Rafiki

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:27 pm

For the next turn, yes; the turn gets resolved with the same patch as the orders are placed in.

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:57 pm

The anticipation......it's killing me!!

Lonster
Corporal

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:38 am

Andrew, thanks for the screenshot.....it really helps out in understanding the situation. Much more clear than if a city or region name is used by itself. Very nicely done update. :niark:

Jabberwock

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Banks6060 wrote:About Grafton.....yeah I couldn't really figure out that deal. Everything was straight it seemed, until I saw that every element on BOTH sides benefited from defensive terrain, meaning they were in "defensive posture" (or at least that's what I thought). If both armies were in "defensive posture" then how the battle took place at all kind of confused me.

I think I've got it figured out.

On the 13th, your raider from the Ohio River Valley arrived, simultaneous with the arrival of the bulk of our forces. Whatever that unit's posture was originally, and whatever its path was, it went to offensive posture when it hit Marietta, OH. The rest of your forces were defensive. That helps explain why that unit was annihilated.

On the 14th, our cavalry that had been chasing the raider arrived in offensive posture. It only engaged the 4th NC.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Jabberwock wrote:I think I've got it figured out.

On the 13th, your raider from the Ohio River Valley arrived, simultaneous with the arrival of the bulk of our forces. Whatever that unit's posture was originally, and whatever its path was, it went to offensive posture when it hit Marietta, OH. The rest of your forces were defensive. That helps explain why that unit was annihilated.

On the 14th, our cavalry that had been chasing the raider arrived in offensive posture. It only engaged the 4th NC.

Yeah...I originally thought that too. and I'm sure that's probably what happened and it wasn't reflected correctly in the BR. But what I was really puzzled by was the fact that the battle report showed ALL elements benefiting from defensive terrain.....which at least to my knowledge....indicates they were all in "defensive posture". Which would in turn lead me to assume that the fight, according to the game engine, wouldn't have ever taken place.

I could be wrong about that though...That's what I wanted to learn.

But everything you mention would explain why the Ohio raiders were annhilated and the 4th NC cav was slightly bloodied.

Jabberwock

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 am

I had it happen in a PBEM last summer, and asked the same question. I believe the official answer was that there is a slight chance of engagement, especially with multiple units arriving on the same turn, but I could be wrong. It is also possible that the BR is wrong.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:37 am

Ah well. Certainly no complaints from me. I most likely wouldn't have been able to hold Grafton anyway. For much longer that is :) .

Lonster
Corporal

Request for screen shots from out West

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:39 am

I know that every one is busy, but it would be nice if some screen-shots from out west were occasionally included.

So far there have been none from either side of the conflict. :8o: With all the territory/city names being thrown around it is sometime hard to get a grasp of what is actually happening.......Sorry, I haven't memorized all the territory names.

Thanks

Jabberwock

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:05 am

To add to your confusion, I don't always use the official names of regions. Often I will use the name of a small town within a region, sometimes describe a landmark or geographic feature that is not labeled on the game map at all. I try not to do the latter too much in the telegraph office. Screenshots for the latest turn are being worked on, to help out. Sorry, but my screenshots will probably not be as detailed as the CinC's. I'm almost caught up, though.

Lonster
Corporal

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:24 am

Jabberwock wrote: Screenshots for the latest turn are being worked on, to help out.

Thanks for your screenshots....they do help.....even to show the "big picture"

Jabberwock wrote: Sorry, but my screenshots will probably not be as detailed as the CinC's.

So far the number of screenshots from both the CIC's out west has been a grand total of 0.

Maybe the shipment of new fangled cameras was captured by indians :indien:

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Things should probably pick up out west pretty soon. I'd be surprised if the "zero screenshot" count continues out west. Solo I know is settling into his newly-wed-ness...so I'm sure that demands quite a bit of his time.

I don't know about Johnny....

I hope they're still excited about the game :(

johnnycai
Major

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:48 am

Banks6060 wrote:Things should probably pick up out west pretty soon. I'd be surprised if the "zero screenshot" count continues out west. Solo I know is settling into his newly-wed-ness...so I'm sure that demands quite a bit of his time.

I don't know about Johnny....

I hope they're still excited about the game :(

Still excited, but more still having a hard time with time. I will get more time soon.
Plus the President is running me ragged with his demands. Jabber is serious.
I know he is excited too. :innocent:

JCai

soloswolf
General of the Army

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:27 am

For the record: I am very excited.

However, I could use a course on how to save/upload screenshots. (I presume uploading is as simple as attaching it my post.)

So we're clear... I will gladly put up screenshots but I don't know how.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Jabberwock

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 am

The <so called> easy method:

1. When you have the game open and zoomed/centered to show what you want, hit the PrintScreen button (usually somewhere above the number pad) on your keyboard.

2. Open MSPaint. Hit Ctrl+V. Save as a .jpg ... Give it a descriptive name, and remember where you saved it.

3. Go to http://www.imageshack.us ... click the 'browse' button there, navigate to your image, select it, and click the 'open' button.

4. Uncheck the advertisement checkbox (towards the bottom, above the 'host it' button). Now click the 'host it' button.

5. This will take you to a new page with a thumbnail of your image. Wait till the page is fully loaded, then scroll to the bottom. The last textbox at the bottom (Direct link to image) has the link information you want. Copy it.

6. Now go to the forum. Start a new post or edit an old one. In the row of buttons above the textbox is one that looks something like a postcard (gray mountains on a yellow background, the tooltip is 'Insert Image'). Click it. Paste the link information from step 5 in the popup textbox, in place of what is there. Click 'Ok'. This will add some code to your post, which points to where the image is on the Internet.

7. Hit 'Preview Post' or 'Submit Reply', and you should have a screenshot image in your post.

8. If something goes wrong, as it often does on first tries, I'm about to PM you my email address, and you can contact me there for further explanation (because my PM box is pretty full).

Jabberwock

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 am

johnnycai wrote:Still excited, but more still having a hard time with time. I will get more time soon.
Plus the President is running me ragged with his demands. Jabber is serious.
I know he is excited too. :innocent:

JCai

:innocent: :siffle:

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:38 am

Jabberwock wrote:The <so called> easy method:

1. When you have the game open and zoomed/centered to show what you want, hit the PrintScreen button (usually somewhere above the number pad) on your keyboard.

2. Open MSPaint. Hit Ctrl+V. Save as a .jpg ... Give it a descriptive name, and remember where you saved it.

3. Go to http://www.imageshack.us ... click the 'browse' button there, navigate to your image, select it, and click the 'open' button.

4. Uncheck the advertisement checkbox (towards the bottom, above the 'host it' button). Now click the 'host it' button.

5. This will take you to a new page with a thumbnail of your image. Wait till the page is fully loaded, then scroll to the bottom. The last textbox at the bottom (Direct link to image) has the link information you want. Copy it.

6. Now go to the forum. Start a new post or edit an old one. In the row of buttons above the textbox is one that looks something like a postcard (gray mountains on a yellow background, the tooltip is 'Insert Image'). Click it. Paste the link information from step 5 in the popup textbox, in place of what is there. Click 'Ok'. This will add some code to your post, which points to where the image is on the Internet.

7. Hit 'Preview Post' or 'Submit Reply', and you should have a screenshot image in your post.

8. If something goes wrong, as it often does on first tries, I'm about to PM you my email address, and you can contact me there for further explanation (because my PM box is pretty full).

boom bam. nice. Imageshack is a godsend. MSPaint is great too :coeurs:

mikee64
Brigadier General

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:38 pm

http://Photobucket.com works pretty much the same way. You have to register, but its free. I -think- photobucket may keep your images available longer, as I 've got ones there that I uploaded a year or so ago. Dos imageshack keep them that long? Other than that, there's no real difference in the process.
Mike

Jabberwock

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:35 am

I've heard Imageshack dumps them after a year. There is an option to register, they might keep ones from registered users longer.

GShock

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:16 am

picoodle.com !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Quick public apology...and admitted embarrassment. Turns out I failed to send a copy of my updated orders to Solo (the next man in our little .ord line). Which has in turn slowed the game up quite a bit. :o

You will officially never hear me bitch about this campaign going too slow ever again. :hat:

Fin

Jabberwock

Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Actually, I haven't turned mine in yet. Will do tonight.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:19 am

Hey i never asked...if Raf back from vacation yet?

Lonster
Corporal

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:44 am

It seems that we have entered the summer lull where the majestic ship Grand Campaign sits upon becalmed seas :p leure:

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:33 am

[SIZE="6"]ECHO[/size]...[SIZE="5"]ECHO[/size]....[SIZE="4"]ECHO[/size]
[SIZE="3"]ECHO[/size]...[SIZE="2"]ECHO[/size]....[SIZE="1"]ECHO[/size] :p ouet:

Jabberwock

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:12 am

Rafiki made it back to civilization this afternoon. If you guys turned your orders in, we should have a new turn soon.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:29 am

Jabberwock wrote:Rafiki made it back to civilization this afternoon. If you guys turned your orders in, we should have a new turn soon.

I don't THINK solo has his in yet. I'd have to double check that with my teammates though. Core? Solo? what's our 20?

Rafiki

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Banks6060 wrote:Hey i never asked...if Raf back from vacation yet?

Indeed I'm back :)

Union orders are in; have no indications of how far the CSA orders have come.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:51 am

Sorry but still no orders/comments on war room received from one of our players since a couple weeks.

Dont know any news also. Last post was 1 week ago in this thread...

Id ask to wait a bit for him doing orders instead of us doing it... But we should do as you request.

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”