Sean E
Captain

Capital Idea

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:39 am

Could we have an event for the moving of the CSA capital from Montgomery to Richmond?
Just to add some flavour to the game. i'll even do the scripting for it.

"In February, 1861, Jefferson Davis was inaugurated as President of the Confederate States of America in Montgomery, Alabama, the first Confederate capital. In the early morning of April 12, 1861, the Confederate army fired on Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina, and the Civil War had begun. On April 17, 1861, Virginia seceded from the United States and joined the Confederate States, and soon thereafter the Confederate government moved its capital to Richmond."

[img][IMG]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4466/capitalideafd8.jpg[/img][/IMG]

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:22 am

But the capital is moved to Richmond, not that very turn but for sure later (dont remember when exactly). Try wait a few turns and take a look again.

EDIT: I checked with one of my CSA games which is in late 1861 and Richmond is the capital now.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

PeterD
Conscript

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:28 pm

Kotik wrote:But the capital is moved to Richmond, not that very turn but for sure later (dont remember when exactly). Try wait a few turns and take a look again.

EDIT: I checked with one of my CSA games which is in late 1861 and Richmond is the capital now.

I think what Sean E meant was that currently it is moved "silently" i.e. there is no event log entry to tell the player that it happened.

Sean E
Captain

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Yes that's what i meant. I thought something like that deserves an event at least!

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Isn't the current one enough? personally I think it is.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Sean E
Captain

Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Kotik wrote:Isn't the current one enough? personally I think it is.

Is there already an event? I couldn't find one in the events listing?
Maybe it didnt fire in my game?

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:38 pm

I could be completly wrong but I think there is a notice about it imbeded in some text. I only look after things that are important for my next plans, I dont read all the events.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”