LarryP
Sergeant

City and Province names hard to find

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:07 am

At 1600x1200 resolution, the little black names for cities are impossible to read sometimes. Some names are over dark trees and such. However, during the two tutorials they named areas that I could never find. I moved the mouse over all areas and read the ToolTip names, but some I never found. It would be nice to have the names of places in a bold font and maybe a size larger? Different color (white) for some over dark trees?

In the tutorials a lot of names referred to areas that did not seem to exist. Why not use the fort and city names instead since they are displayed well?

One of them I never could find was Pittsburg Landing?! I looked for about a half an hour. :tournepas :p leure: :bonk: Am I going blind or do others feel the same?

Anyway, this is an excellent game! I feel like a complainer posting such a trivial fix. I also play FOF and I am thankful for having two wonderful American Civil War games. Thanks!

Rafiki

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:19 am

LarryP wrote:In the tutorials a lot of names referred to areas that did not seem to exist. Why not use the fort and city names instead since they are displayed well?

One of them I never could find was Pittsburg Landing?! I looked for about a half an hour. :tournepas :p leure: :bonk: Am I going blind or do others feel the same?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3306 :)

I had problems finding provinces by name at times too, but managed to do so in the end. Note , however, that this only seems to matter in the tutorials; once you start the non-tutorial scenarios, province names matter little (since you in most cases can click on messages to bring you there if you want to see it)

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”