tc237
Colonel

Ship deployment bug

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:02 pm

Two bugs associated with where new ships appear after construction.

1: Captain David D. Porter and the USS Cairo river ironclad appeared at Chicago on Lake Michigan, effectively trapping it for the entire game.
I guess that the Reb's had taking all the other possible Illinios deployment sites. Which is possible because I was using this campaign to test Eastern strategies and left the West completely unattended. Although I don't think they had taken Cairo. This was many turns ago, so I would have to dig to find the saved turn.

2: I commissioned 5 Sea Transports for construction in PA. 3 were built in Philladelphia. The other 2 in Pittsburgh! I think Philly and Montgomery should be the two PA entry points for sea going ships. Just for fun I sent them down the Ohio and Mississippi, two turns later they emerged into the Gulf!!

3: In the Ship tab of Reinforcements screen, the bottom row of buildable ships obscures the cost/price text.

marecone

Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:55 am

tc237 wrote:Two bugs associated with where new ships appear after construction.

1: Captain David D. Porter and the USS Cairo river ironclad appeared at Chicago on Lake Michigan, effectively trapping it for the entire game.
I guess that the Reb's had taking all the other possible Illinios deployment sites. Which is possible because I was using this campaign to test Eastern strategies and left the West completely unattended. Although I don't think they had taken Cairo. This was many turns ago, so I would have to dig to find the saved turn.

2: I commissioned 5 Sea Transports for construction in PA. 3 were built in Philladelphia. The other 2 in Pittsburgh! I think Philly and Montgomery should be the two PA entry points for sea going ships. Just for fun I sent them down the Ohio and Mississippi, two turns later they emerged into the Gulf!!

3: In the Ship tab of Reinforcements screen, the bottom row of buildable ships obscures the cost/price text.

Here goes;

1. Not trapped. Just click on the tab and try to move them somewhere. They will go. Pocus made it because we had same problems before.

2. Not sure about this one but it was known to happen. I'll remind Pocus about it.

Hope I helped
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Rafiki

Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:01 am

tc237 wrote:3: In the Ship tab of Reinforcements screen, the bottom row of buildable ships obscures the cost/price text.

Something I think will get even worse as a Union player has success and gets more states to build "stuff" in, seeing as every (inland?) state adds 4 ship types (or so) to the buildlist

Pocus

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:07 pm

1. you can move to Huron then Erie canal then the Allegeny river (sp?)

2. yes, known problem to be fixed

3. same as 2... fix underway.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:04 am

I just had a Conderate frigate show up in Shreveport.

Can't sail in shallow water, so Shreveport now has it's own Pirates of the Caribbean amusement park.

:grr:

Pocus

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am

we are fixing this problem for the next release, thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”