Hinkel
Lieutenant

Battle results

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:07 pm

AGEOD wants to improve the screen of the battle results and i think, we can make a small list of wishes and improvements, to help them! :sourcil:
So everybody can post thoughts in this thread.

Lets start:

- More information about the casualties. I want to know how many men died, were disabled by physical or mental injuries, captured, deserted, and missing.

Many people think that casualties = killed in action. (for example gettysburg had 50.000 casualties, but only 7800 died in combat)

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm

Actually I am fine with the casualties the way they are, ie not that specific, because when you were in command in the field all you really knew was that you had 10-15 000 guys that couldn't fight anymore.... I would say this isn't a priority (at least for me, I might not be representative).

Like many others said before, I think what would be great would be to have the numbers at start, say :
A.S. Johnston
Army of Tennessee
54 347 men, 121 guns

And then the casualty result :
12 589 casualties, 65 guns

having a log of all the battles fought really is a must in the long run, with different informations that you could use to toggle around say :
late april 1862 :
A.S. Johnston
Army of Mississipi
54 347 men, 121 guns
Battle of Decatur, Tennessee
agianst U.S. Grant
Army of Ohio
7***** men
major defeat
12 589 casualties, 65 guns

so that you can track the different battles that took place.. this at least should be implemented.. Then if it isn't too space (and memory) consuming, you could also include the units so that one could track these as well..

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”