lodilefty

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Ethan wrote:PS: Is this QF3 compatible with games started on QF2?

Yes!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Roger. :gardavou:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm

This is full of the Awesome-Sauce Image Many thanks to you Lodi :thumbsup:

It works a little differently than I thought at first. Besieged units (batteries) cannot be spiked, but they can surrender, which in game terms is the same; the unit is removed from the game and the besieger doesn't get it Image.

There is one tiny little buglette in it though. If a town in captured through voluntary surrender, the capturing faction gets this odd message:

:wacko:

Captain_Orso

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:32 pm

I've found one other minor bug. I had a brigade of 2-inf and a cav stacked with a fort battery in Columbus KY inside the town. A union corp with 2 siege artillery moved into the region and started a siege.

I had the brigade use riverien movement to escape the siege by dragging them out of the stack. When I went to surrender the fort battery it said that I couldn't surrender the unit. If I dragged the fort battery out of the stack and into the town, I could surrender them.

On a side note, I didn't actively surrender the fort battery. The next turn they surrendered on their own accord. The 'basic principles' message was not generated, so that works as usual.

lodilefty

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I've found one other minor bug. I had a brigade of 2-inf and a cav stacked with a fort battery in Columbus KY inside the town. A union corp with 2 siege artillery moved into the region and started a siege.

I had the brigade use riverien movement to escape the siege by dragging them out of the stack. When I went to surrender the fort battery it said that I couldn't surrender the unit. If I dragged the fort battery out of the stack and into the town, I could surrender them.

On a side note, I didn't actively surrender the fort battery. The next turn they surrendered on their own accord. The 'basic principles' message was not generated, so that works as usual.

WAD. The surrender is for the entire stack, so the battery would have to be separate.
You can't surrender a stack afloat.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”