Stauffenberg
General

Events / Event Editor

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 pm

A question for Lodi or anyone else.

I've been looking at the event lists in the Windows Script files (.sct) in the program and I guess its time to get a grasp on the event logic. What event editor was used for these? I'm looking primarily at the CSA, USA, and Kentucky event files.

Thanks.

Captain_Orso

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 pm

The simple answer is: firstly a spread sheet application such as Oracle Open Office Calc (free for all to download and use and very similar in functionality to MS Excel). The rest you download, also free of charge, from these very forums. Check the 'Modding AGE engine games' forum section. The 'Official Files for modding' thread has everything else you need.

That being said, the program used for creating the actual game files is the CSV-Splitter and the game itself. There are tutorials in the above thread and section and some examples are peppered throughout the AGEWiki under Modding.

It's a bit of a steep grade to climb as there is a major difference between what the Wiki describes and how you actually write the setup, events et al in to a spread sheet. What comes out of the CSV-Splitter and processing by the game in 'edit mode' is what you see in the game files and the Wiki, but you have to write it somewhat differently (commands their parameters and their values) into the spread sheets. You'll actually have to look at the things to really get a real grasp of what I am talking about. If you have any programming skill they will be very helpful. Hope this helps.

Stauffenberg
General

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

That helps much. I was hoping for a built-in editor, but I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”