Fouche
Captain

Number of Enemy troops question...

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Hi all...my friend and I are playing are another campaign game and he brought up an interesting question. While we can find out the power rankings of an enemy formations, be nice if a future patch would allow one to see the actual numbers of troops or even a general total with less shown or more shown depending upon the ability to scout out a neighboring formation or stack. :)

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 pm

deleted

Stauffenberg
General

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Did you ever get a response to this? Using ctrl+ gives your own side's number of troops of course, it would be really nice if you got an intelligence rating (how good your intelligence is) plus the number of troops estimated for an enemy force.

Jim-NC

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 pm

AACW hasn't changed in several months (since 1.16rc4 came out). So nothing has been done yet. Also, the troop numbers are "window dressing" for the game, and not used in any calculations.

FYI, I would like to see this for AACW II (if and when it comes out).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stauffenberg
General

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Jim-NC wrote:AACW hasn't changed in several months (since 1.16rc4 came out). So nothing has been done yet. Also, the troop numbers are "window dressing" for the game, and not used in any calculations.

FYI, I would like to see this for AACW II (if and when it comes out).

But are you therefore saying that the "power" value that is given is also "window dressing", in as much as you can flip back and forth between this value and "number of men" with the ctrl key?

Jim-NC

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 am

No, power has been there the whole time.

The number of men was added later. Before patch 1.13 (IIRC), infantry elements had 1200 men. Then it was changed to 600. So the number of men was for flavor. The power level is a more accurate measure of fighting ability.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 am

I had assumed regiment sizes were elastic since 10 companies of 100 men each in a regiment was of course an ideal, not often the reality.

Then "conscripts" are an abstraction I guess. And I wonder then how the dynamic of prisoner exchanges is handled here as well--a bump in the number of conscripts or of power I suppose.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”