charlesonmission

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:07 am

Just to clarify, this is not with the hotfix. In this PBEM game.

1. I had 1.16 pre hotfix, he was using 1.15
2. We both moved to 1.16 with hotfix.
3. We moved back to 1.16 without hotfix because of the division problem.

That all has the potential for trouble, I would guess.

Charles

greenalien wrote:Hi, I'm playing a game with Charles here, and I've ran into a rather nasty bug. I've been surveying the map, pondering what should I do to stop the almighty CSA, and I've been reviewing several times my expenses. Suddenly when I open the ledger, I notice I'm one thousand dollars in surplus. This appears to be patently wrong.

I've looked at the number, and for some odd reason the engine has added up all the dollars-related numbers, expenses and income together, wrote them in as "next turn stock" AND made that sum available in this turn as well! :bonk:

I am playing the 1.16 patch without the quick fix. Charles has the full turn, I can only include the USA turn file and the replay file, please tell me if there's anything more you need.

greenalien
Sergeant

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:48 am

I...sort of forgot about that. Yeah I suppose that might have been the cause, things are going very well now. Sorry for the panic.

lodilefty

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Jim-NC

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 am

I have a question about 1.16rc4. It appears to me that there is a huge difference in how many replacements a unit receives when in a depot vs. not in one. In a game, I had a division sitting on a harbor for most of the winter, trying to get replacements. It looked the same after several months of waiting. Then I move it to a depot (in Atlanta), and *presto* replacements received. The reason I noticed, was my Calvary replacements weren't going down (for like 3 turns). After I move the division to the depot, 3 replacement chits were used in 1 turn (I don't count the element replacement for a different division).

Has anyone else noticed a large discrepancy in how replacements are received? Or am I just imagining it? I am not hosting, and so don't have files to post.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

von Sachsen
Captain

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 am

IIRC, hits can be replaced when not in a depot, but for full unit replacements, a depot is needed,

lodilefty

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

von Sachsen wrote:IIRC, hits can be replaced when not in a depot, but for full unit replacements, a depot is needed,

Correct, if you have set the Attrition Option to "Historical" in the Main Menu.
The Tooltip should explain this.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Is there a limit about under strenght elements recover to full health(not about receiving replacements) in 1 turn. In one game I ordered 50 line replacements and some inf elements were still missing strenght points within a city or depot. In the next turn I had 30 replacements left. It took 2-3 turns that they were in full health.

Jim-NC

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 pm

I don't mean replacing lost elements. I mean just regular replacements. It appeared to me that the units in question received replacements much faster when in Atlanta, which has a depot, then in the harbor region. It maybe a WAD, but I want to make sure (perhaps the % bonus for being with a depot increased from what it was, or something else happened).

I don't remember there being such a large discrepency in 1.15 (I may have missed it of course).
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:20 am

Just curious, is there anything more going on with this?

I realize that PON is pretty much taking up everyone's time, but... well, I can hope. :)

Durk

Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:25 am

Not sure what the 'this' is. Lots of updates to games, much discussion has been happening. I have been enjoying the issues and updates.

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 am

"This" being AACW 1.16. That's what this thread is ostensibly for, after all.
:)

lodilefty

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm like a duck. Calm on top,paddling furiously underneath! :)

As soon as NCP is official (probably today) I'm planning to prepare the next (hopefully last) beta release for ACW, then go official. :w00t:

Thank you for being patient!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks a million for your effort, Lodi :coeurs: . Your hard work is much appreciated. :)

Regards! ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Does this mean I get to spend the weekend pushing the Yankee invader off (or inserting into) sacred Southern soil?
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:04 pm

yay! :D

It's been months since I've played, but I picked the game up again this week and it's just as awesome as it's always been. I wasn't even looking for a patch (I thought things were done with 1.15), but I'm certainly happy to have discovered this thread (which came up on a seemingly completely unrelated search, incidentally). The only reason that I asked after this is because I'm (severely) out of touch.

To MarkCSA: remember not to go getting your hopes up! You know how it is, nothing may happen this weekend. :)

lodilefty

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 pm

MarkCSA wrote:Does this mean I get to spend the weekend pushing the Yankee invader off (or inserting into) sacred Southern soil?

Sorry. I'm just getting started this weekend. :blink:

Please stand by.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:11 pm

lodilefty wrote:Sorry. I'm just getting started this weekend. :blink:

Please stand by.....

Sir, yes sir!
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”