lodilefty

AACW {public beta} patch 1.16 Release Candidate 4a - December 12, 2010

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Barring any "gamestopper" reports or last minute "French Intervention" :blink: , this version should become final this week :)

================================================== ========================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 4a
December 12, 2010
Comprehensive patch. Includes all updates since the beginning.

= Same “executable” as RC 4, with a few DB and Graphic fixes:
[INDENT]a) Fixed NATO symbols for Light Infantry and Skirmishers
b) Map appearance fixed in regions near Taylor, GA (UID 322)
c) All Scenarios regenerated to take advantage of the new “Name Retention” code described in 1.16 RC4 (paragraph d)
d) Fixed Biographical text string for Little Crow
[/INDENT]
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 4
December 10, 2010
a) model detail window in new version, should fix the abi text/CTD issue
b) the name under brackets is the division name
c) stack merging message should be ok
d) stacks can keep much better their initial setup name, but only if you regenerate the scenario for this feature to work (there is a kind of memory on the initial setup name, it adds flavor!)
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 3
November 30, 2010
*Fixed map “focus” jump for Orphans Brigade arrival event.
*Fixed Depot build using Transport ships
*there is a more detailed tooltip on the entrench level icon
*abilities tooltip have their appliance level added by code.

AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 2
November 23, 2010
AACW v1.16 database and map bug corrections
1.) In both AACW_Setup1861_April_Campaign_v1.16 and ACW_Setup1861_April_Campaign_w-KY_v1.16
Removed duplicate CSA W. Cavalry Group appearing in Madison, TN
2.) In AACW_inc_CSA_Events.xls:
Corrected Foreign Entry syntax in the event "evt_nam_CSA_FrenchInterventionMexico1862"
3.) In LocalStrings_ACW35b.xls:
Provided missing strings for "evt_nam_CSA_BazainePromoted1863"
4.) In AACW_inc_CMN_EventsVarious25a.xls:
Altered slightly the duplicate name of the CSA Brig Robert E. Lee to Robert E Lee.
5.) In AACW_inc_CMN_EventsForeignEntry16:
Added event to fix bug to unfix Col. B. Fielding force in Armherst when FI is triggered.
6.) In AACW_inc_CMN_EventsForeignEntry16:
Reworked references to 3 events that didn't exist.
7.) In LocalStrings__AGE.csv file:
Included string info for strStrucDepotFinished
8.) Added (and linked into the applicable scenarios) additional event files (1861 CSA AI.sct and 1861 USA AI.sct) to allow for easier integration of new AI routines in their own separate event file.
9.) Reworked starting map focus for all the scenarios.

Map Corrections

1. ) 1502 Gulf of Campeche terrain type changed to Coastal Waters (terrain type 13) was NoFreezeShallow (terrain type 4).
2. ) Removed direct JumpLink between Vera Cruz (1508) and North Mexico (1509).
3. ) Removed direct JumpLink betweem Vera Cruz (1508) and West Texas (1510).
4. ) For historic reasons reworked Border Point adjacencies to make Vera Cruz the sole direct Naval entry point into the Mexico theatre.
5. ) Installed Very Long Transition JumpLink between California (1094) and North Mexico (1509).
6. ) Removed errant Naval Interdiction JumpLink between Pacific Coast (1501) and Northern Pacific (1500).
7. ) Reworked regional boundary/adjacencies around Ft.Gadsden to allow proper bombardment of passing ships.
8. ) Corrected several sea/river regions to allow for proper delivery of Naval Supply.
9. ) Reworked regional boundary/adjacencies around Ft.Jackson to allow proper bombardment of passing ships.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Simple combo name display glitch

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Still lobbying to fix the name displays in a simple Leader-Unit combination:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13982&d=1292007897

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Hocus Pocus[/size][/color]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 pm

lodilefty wrote:Still lobbying to fix the name displays in a simple Leader-Unit combination:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13982&d=1292007897

[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Hocus Pocus[/size][/color]

Go, lodi, go !! :D :coeurs:

Farseer
Private

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Yes please. That detail annoys the bejeezes out of me.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:52 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:04 am

deleted

lodilefty

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:14 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Completely clean install v1.16 rc4 directly over v1.00

Seems a new graphic glitch has been introduced when the mouse is rolled over the "books" area that opens up the ledger. This was not present in v1.16 b8.

Heres a couple of screen pics to illustrate what I'm posting about:

Abnormal (mouse roll over of the books):

[ATTACH]14018[/ATTACH]

Normal (no mouse roll over):

[ATTACH]14019[/ATTACH]

My bad! I was housekeeping some files that were indicated as missing in MainLog. I guess that graphic is supposed to be missing!!!! :bonk:

Delete [color="Red"]TerraIncognita.png [/color]from Graphics\Frontend :o
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:47 am

deleted

Franciscus

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:56 am

A curiousity (possible bug) that I noticed in the enemy's reported forces:

Playing as CSA, game started in RC3, now in RC4a, I have the Union Army bottled up in Fredericksburg, besieged by Longstreet's and Beauregard's corps. They have max detection, as far as I know.

What I see is this:

Apparently there are TWO Franklin's corps, the same size, in there... :blink:

But loading the game as USA, in fact no:
There is just one Franklin's corps, of course, the other Corps is just McDowell, alone :bonk:

Apart from a dubious force composition from the AI and dubious decision of parking her army inside Fredericksburg :wacko: (stuff for Clovis to study, no doubt), the thing that I do not understand and am reporting is why I, as CSA, see two Franklin's corps, both with 1518 strength, when in fact there is only (+ lonely McDowell)... :confused:

Save attached

Regards
Attachments
Franklin's corps.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 330 times

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:05 am

deleted

Pocus

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Yep, that fixed it. :thumbsup:

that would be more elegant to create a terraincognita.png from blank.png or nothingbitmap.bmp though.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Pocus wrote:that would be more elegant to create a terraincognita.png from blank.png or nothingbitmap.bmp though.

OK, but before I do, what iss that graphic supposed to do?

It has been missing with no ill effects AFAIK....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:19 pm

In the new code, when you are not over a region or over an unknown region, it displays that. Seems the correct place in older game is not updated (no surprise), so better replace it by an empty file.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:04 pm

lodilefty wrote:Barring any "gamestopper" reports or last minute "French Intervention" :blink: , this version should become final this week :)

Are you still on track for a final 1.16 "this week" ? ;) :coeurs:

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Strangeness with Kentucky: As the US, I invaded Kentucky in late August, but then, in the early October turn, I get a message saying that the CSA had invaded as well, and the effects were as if I had never invaded (except for loyalty, that was lower.) Posting the current turn and the one from the original invasion.
Attachments
Backup3.rar
(410.42 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
1861 April w-KY Campaign.rar
(286.33 KiB) Downloaded 304 times

marecone

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:29 am

Still playing previous RC but perhaps someone can confirm or deny this on RC 4a.
Click on General and get that window to the right opened now place your mouse over their abbilities. I can confirm that slow mover, strong morale and some others are buged. It looks like some other text is writen over the original.

Too lazy to post save games but I beleive that anyone can reproduce this.

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Franciscus

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:21 am

marecone wrote:Still playing previous RC but perhaps someone can confirm or deny this on RC 4a.
Click on General and get that window to the right opened now place your mouse over their abbilities. I can confirm that slow mover, strong morale and some others are buged. It looks like some other text is writen over the original.

Too lazy to post save games but I beleive that anyone can reproduce this.

Godspeed

This issue is solved in RC4a (I believe it was solved in RC4)

marecone

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:50 am

Franciscus wrote:This issue is solved in RC4a (I believe it was solved in RC4)

Great. I m in mid 62 now and rebs play well. East very nice, coast department great (repulsed my 2 division action in Florida), far west ok, kentucky is only department they are weaker but still ok.
One thing I have noticed is that rebel AI doesn't use his raiders. Until now, no or too few rail lines have been cut. Although Ai is now much improved I fear what will become of it when Clovis decides to issue his mod. IMHO we are looking to get by far the best AI opponent in acw games ever.

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I don't know if it was due to a bad install or something but (RC4) the Element Display Window has no close button. No one else has posted this, so maybe it's just me; then again, if it's not, then no one has noticed and, thus, fixed it.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I noticed this too. It will close by right clicking the mouse.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Franciscus

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:56 pm

gchristie wrote:I noticed this too. It will close by right clicking the mouse.

...or by left clicking again on the element symbol

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:49 pm

The US AI most of the times moves masses of troops through Shenandoah, leaving Washington unguarded.

richfed

Force Names Issue

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Clean install of RC4a ... I really like the new enhancement that holds on to force names better, however, it is not always working as designed ... see the attached save. Check the Atlantic shipping box -- the force name is CSS Sumter, even though there are several squadrons making up the fleet AND Semmes is there with them. In Virginia -- up at Manassas, Longstreet's force is called the Army of the Potomac [Longstreet has NO Army HQs]. Beauregard, approaching Petersburg, detached from Longstreet several turns ago. HE is the Army of the Potomac, but is merely called Beauregard's Force. Several other examples exist on the map, but you should have the idea.

This version of 1.16 is pretty good, though, as far as I can so far tell.

[Still a grammatical error with the prisoners taken messages in the mall box: i.e. 6 hundreds instead of hundred]
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign~CSA.zip
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Pocus

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 am

The name retention will not always give the perfect result. It must be stable enough so that forces don't change names asap, or it defeats its purpose... What you can do is simply create a new force, and then add in this new stack all others units, this will give you a stack only following the automatic naming convention.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:25 pm

richfed wrote:In Virginia -- up at Manassas, Longstreet's force is called the Army of the Potomac [Longstreet has NO Army HQs]. Beauregard, approaching Petersburg, detached from Longstreet several turns ago. HE is the Army of the Potomac, but is merely called Beauregard's Force.

I got used to always check to take out the other generals out of the stack first and leave the commander.. Name of the army always seems to stick with the leftover generals.

Pocus

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Franciscus wrote:A curiousity (possible bug) that I noticed in the enemy's reported forces:

Playing as CSA, game started in RC3, now in RC4a, I have the Union Army bottled up in Fredericksburg, besieged by Longstreet's and Beauregard's corps. They have max detection, as far as I know.

What I see is this:

Apparently there are TWO Franklin's corps, the same size, in there... :blink:

But loading the game as USA, in fact no:
There is just one Franklin's corps, of course, the other Corps is just McDowell, alone :bonk:

Apart from a dubious force composition from the AI and dubious decision of parking her army inside Fredericksburg :wacko: (stuff for Clovis to study, no doubt), the thing that I do not understand and am reporting is why I, as CSA, see two Franklin's corps, both with 1518 strength, when in fact there is only (+ lonely McDowell)... :confused:

Save attached

Regards

This glitch fixed.

Franciscus

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 am

Franciscus wrote:...or by left clicking again on the element symbol

Nevertheless, the "old" X to close the element detail window, that is present in the other games (RUS, etc...) would be nice, of course... ;)

drhet58
Civilian

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 am

Is the 1.16 patch still beta, or is there a final version?

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere.

Finally bought this game :bonk: and looking forward to the experience. The demo was enjoyable and informative. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to calling off sick at work and locking myself in my room for a while to do a full campaign! :w00t:

Pocus

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 am

There will be another revision, but not before mid January I think. That's not because we are in vacation, but because we have several urgent tasks to complete for PON. In case you don't know, there is a Paradox Convention in New York city in a few weeks :)

richfed

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:42 pm

drhet58 wrote:Is the 1.16 patch still beta, or is there a final version?

Sorry if I missed this elsewhere.

Finally bought this game :bonk: and looking forward to the experience. The demo was enjoyable and informative. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to calling off sick at work and locking myself in my room for a while to do a full campaign! :w00t:

It's between the two ... a Release Candidate. I would suggest you try it. It is very stable, and is a major improvement over past versions. Still a glitch or two, but very, very playable.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”