lodilefty

AACW {public beta} patch 1.16 RC4 December 10, 2010

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Latest. Hope for final before Christmas!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_AACW_v1.16rc4.zip

Since RC3:
a) model detail window in new version, should fix the abi text/CTD issue
b) the name under brackets is the division name
c) stack merging message should be ok
*d) stacks can keep much better their initial setup name, but only if you regenerate the scenario for this feature to work (there is a kind of memory on the initial setup name, it adds flavor!)

[color="Blue"]*Note: for 1.16 RC4, item d) is only enabled for the 1861 April and 1861 April w/ KY Campaigns startups. It will only work in saved games for new groups arriving "by event"[/color]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Would it be excessive if I said I love you ? :D

(PS: about point d): do you mean that both April 1861 scenarios have already been regenerated ?)

lodilefty

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Franciscus wrote:(PS: about point d): do you mean that both April 1861 scenarios have already been regenerated ?)

Yes.

:D
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Franciscus

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Thank you :D :D

Divisions are now as they should be, IMHO, and the CTD in the model detail window seems to be gone; thank you VERY much :thumbsup:

Not wanting to be a pain :siffle: , but how about the other minor related "issue" - eg, brigades merged with a leader being referred to by the leader's name repeated twice (see example in pic), instead of: "leader name (brigade name)" ?. Any chance that this will be corrected, if not here than maybe in RoP/RUS/PoN ? Or is this WAD ?

(reported in RUS in this thread http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19573&page=2, see post #36).

Nevertheless, as regards AACW, things are GREAT, I never expected so many continued improvements !!
Attachments
brigades name.jpg

gchristie
Brigadier General

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Lodilefty,

Can we can patch right over rc3 without putting previously saved rc3 games at risk? No need for clean install?

Not ready to commit to love, but I am quite favorably inclined towards you, Gray and Pocus :wavey:

Though we are a fickle bunch should a bug rear its ugly head ;)
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

von Sachsen
Captain

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Thank you! Just one thing I can see: In the replacement screen, the symbol for light infantry has been replaced by the one for irregulars and the one for skirmishers by the one for light infantry.

Franciscus

Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 pm

gchristie wrote:Lodilefty,

Can we can patch right over rc3 without putting previously saved rc3 games at risk? No need for clean install?

I did install RC4 over RC3 and I am playing a saved RC3 game, without apparent problems. Should be considered a test, but everything is going smooth - and points a,b and c seem to work nicely even on a saved game.

Nevertheless, when 1.16 final gets out I will definitely make a clean reinstall

von Sachsen wrote:Thank you! Just one thing I can see: In the replacement screen, the symbol for light infantry has been replaced by the one for irregulars and the one for skirmishers by the one for light infantry.

Yes, confirmed.

gchristie wrote:Though we are a fickle bunch ;)

I wouldn't say fickle, but "full of love" ... :D

lodilefty

Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:13 pm

von Sachsen wrote:Thank you! Just one thing I can see: In the replacement screen, the symbol for light infantry has been replaced by the one for irregulars and the one for skirmishers by the one for light infantry.

Fixed for next version :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

marecone

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 am

Still RC 3. I couldn't post this possible bug there as you have closed the topic so I will do it here.
Playing on hard activation rules. So when someone is inactive he can get a lock icon. What is strange is that messeges don't make any sense. Load my last turn and near the end it says that McCllelan's force (going brigade by brigade) are now active but they are not. This happened before but I didn't pay attention.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Possible bug.zip
(2.82 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

bigus
General

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 am

I'd like to see force levels returned.
Ie:1000 men for infantry, 600 for cav......
Scenarios for AACW (1.15)[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:48 pm

marecone wrote:Still RC 3. I couldn't post this possible bug there as you have closed the topic so I will do it here.
Playing on hard activation rules. So when someone is inactive he can get a lock icon. What is strange is that messeges don't make any sense. Load my last turn and near the end it says that McCllelan's force (going brigade by brigade) are now active but they are not. This happened before but I didn't pay attention.

With hard activation there is a chance that a General will unlock (generating the messages), immediately fail his activation again and lock up again immediately.

WAD
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:06 pm

bigus wrote:I'd like to see force levels returned.
Ie:1000 men for infantry, 600 for cav......

um, where? :confused:

Edit:
Oh, If you are talking about the old, worn out, beat-to-death debate about "men per hit", then AFAIK, the answer is NO.

...fertile ground for a mod: have at it :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

marecone

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

lodilefty wrote:With hard activation there is a chance that a General will unlock (generating the messages), immediately fail his activation again and lock up again immediately.

WAD

Thanx for clearing it out. I went to 1862 and I am stll very satisfied with Athena.
If I change settings during my current game, will they apply for that game? For example I wish to up rebel agressivnes.
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Gray_Lensman

Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

deleted

Franciscus

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 pm

A minor graphic glitch happened in my current game, started as CSA in RC3, continued in RC4. For no apparent reason, forces that I did not move and that were not attacked changed their position in the map, almost appearing outside the region they are actually in.

In the pics, notice how the Corps of Polk appears outside Alexander, IL, and Price's command appears outside Rolla. I can manually change their position back to the center of the region, though

Save attached, but I am not sure when it happened.

This may not even be a new issue, and the main reason I am reporting it is because it may be an AGE engine issue, that could affect other newer games.

Regards

ImageImage
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign3.zip
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 227 times

lodilefty

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Franciscus wrote:A minor graphic glitch happened in my current game, started as CSA in RC3, continued in RC4. For no apparent reason, forces that I did not move and that were not attacked changed their position in the map, almost appearing outside the region they are actually in.

In the pics, notice how the Corps of Polk appears outside Alexander, IL, and Price's command appears outside Rolla. I can manually change their position back to the center of the region, though

Save attached, but I am not sure when it happened.

This may not even be a new issue, and the main reason I am reporting it is because it may be an AGE engine issue, that could affect other newer games.

Regards

ImageImage

Weird. When I restored previous turn and re-ran it, Polk remains in the 'correct' position...... :blink:

I guess we'll just have to watch for it to see if this recurs....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:23 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”