Berge20
Sergeant

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Gray,

FYI- I didn't create that file, so I have no idea what password might be associated with it.

Gray_Lensman

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:55 pm

deleted

Berge20
Sergeant

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:10 pm

I posted the two files in the original thread, not the one here. And they didn't have any password associated with them.

Did you rename it?

No idea, so go ahead and post whatever password you think works.

Gray_Lensman

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:13 pm

deleted

Berge20
Sergeant

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:15 pm

I was questioning my sanity for a second.

Gray_Lensman

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:33 pm

deleted

Berge20
Sergeant

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Btw, is there anyway to modify the save file to reflect where those units should have actually ended up?

Gray_Lensman

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:24 pm

deleted

richfed

Cumulative "Bugs"

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't know ... I've been trying to test this beta for quite a while, reported assorted little errors that I've come across - map opening out in Iowa, ledger always reopening to roster screen, Orphan Brigade event not focusing properly on the map, etc. etc etc. Many have not been addressed - not fixed, not declared WAD - so I don't know.

Now, I do realize AGEOD is not going to just go out fixing this small stuff for a game out so long. I understand and appreciate that. But, these things have been INTRODUCED by the beta patch - I would think that they would be addressed.

Now, in Beta 8 with Quick Fix 4 --- and actually, at least the first one was present in Beta 7 - stacks do not take on the names of a general placed with them ... rather than Bushrod Johnson's Force, the stack will just say CSA Detachment. Again - compared to the retreat bug or the PBEM bug, this is small stuff - but, particularly when dealing with tabs, it can be annoying.

In addition, I have noticed that any depot that I build, as opposed to those already on the map at start, do not generate much in the way of supply. I have attached my save.

I guess I just want to know if the game mechanics have changed regarding these things and that I am wasting my time reporting them, or if they are indeed "bugs" and will be fixed and I have contributed in some minor way to making the game better.
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign0.zip
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 242 times
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:03 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:20 pm

deleted

richfed

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Gray.

I misspoke regarding depots ... sorry ... but if you look at my just posted save ... and maybe forward a few turns ... you will see that the depots that start the game have accumulated stock, but the ones I created in-game [James City,VA, Humbolt, TN, Pensacola, FL, Charlottesville, VA ... to name a few] are not seeming to attract supply movement to any great extent, if at all.

As for Iowa ... agreed. If there is going to be a default view, the DC/Northern VA theater ought to be it. Picking up where a game was last saved, though, seems the best choice.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Orphan Brigade

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Here is the recent save regarding the Orphan Brigade [See Mail Box message] This time, it is even worse. In the past, clicking on the message would take you to the KY/TN vicinity, but not necessarily to the Orphan Brigade's exact location. In this game, clicking on the message does nothing at all. :bonk:
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign - Orphan Brigade.zip
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 245 times

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:43 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:04 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:41 pm

deleted

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 pm

The retreat path issue, see post #284 in this thread, still needs to be resolved, I believe.

I recently saw this happen in a pbem game I'm playing, and will post the saved game files if helpful.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Gray_Lensman

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 pm

deleted

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Gray, I dont have a save game but under pbem 1.15 version especially artilery was taking more time to build. In betas some ships and artilery were taking less time(turns) to build. Other players mentioned also. If that needs more work and unchangable at this point, it is ok with me.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am

deleted

ShovelHead
Sergeant

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:11 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:3.) Fix whatever it is that keeps the focus of the game start from moving to some far over area of the map, currently Iowa. This is ridiculous for an American Civil War game which aside from specific battle scenarios should primarily be focused on the Northern Virginia area when the main game campaign scenario starts up.

If you mean the map centers the dispay on Iowa at the beginning of the scenario, I have found that the initial map display is set when the scenario is first created/saved through the gui. Wherever the map is displaying at the time the scenario is saved is where the scenario initial starts.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:13 pm

deleted

Generalisimo

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Hmmm, it turns out the map focusing is not able to be changed by regenerating the scenario. I just moved the focus to D.C. and saved and it went back to Iowa when I restarted the newly regenerated scenario.

That one's for Pocus now. It does seem rather silly to have an American Civil War game start in Iowa. (No offense to any Iowegians that may be out there) :D

edit> I retried this a second time and selected a unit in D.C. with the screen centered on D.C. (hoping to force the focus to the selected unit)... It didn't work.

Are you using the "MapOffSets" command to center the scenario where you want?
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Gray_Lensman

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:11 pm

deleted

Generalisimo

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I've never had to use such a command before. Is this another of those new game engine features that we're supposed to understand how to use without actually being informed of the need?

mmm... I am not sure what to answer... if I tell you yes you will not get mad? :siffle:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/MapOffsets
Napoleon Bonaparte

Gray_Lensman

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:29 pm

deleted

Generalisimo

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Just got home from work to check this out.

It turns out, there are already MapOffsets commands embedded in the source Database files, but I've never had to readjust them before. This leads me to believe that the (BASE point?) that the scenario focus is being offset FROM has been relocated/redefined in the new game engine code.

This just in: The Gettysburg scenario starts out centered on southern Missouri. Gotta love it. I just wish my vacation trip to Gettyburg next spring would be so close. :D

I'll leave it to Pocus to reset this (BASE point?) back to where it was before (thereby repairing ALL the scenarios at once) rather than having to spend the better part of a day regenerating scenarios over and over again just to get the original scenarios' focus back to where they were prior to the game engine code change.

No, the MapOffset coordinates are the top-left corner on which the map will be centered.
So, if you have some MapOffset set on a scenario, that's what's being used by the engine.

Before, that command wasn't working as expected (actually, I think it was not working at all)... that's why you never had to update it... ;)

So, now, you can have each faction centered on a different point of the map.
This engine change was obviously done for two things:
a) The command wasn't working as expected (like I said before)
b) For PON... as you can guess, PRU cannot have the map centered on the same region than USA or RUS... so, we needed someway to define a specific Offset per faction.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Gray_Lensman

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 pm

deleted

Generalisimo

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:So, if it wasn't working before, what was determining where the focus was placed for the different scenarios? Maybe it was defaulting to the position the map was in similar to saved games? I might try removing the command from the scenario setup DB and see if that will have a similar effect as not working before.

Sent from my Droid X using Swype.

Yes, exactly, before this change, the scenario always started on the spot where you saved it... for both sides. It was like the MapOffset didn't existed at all. ;)

I have never tried your solution... so, I will be waiting for your test. :D
Napoleon Bonaparte

Gray_Lensman

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm

deleted

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”