Gray_Lensman

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:42 pm

deleted

Farseer
Private

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:57 pm

I've often seen moderators move OT posts about a subject into a new thread. Straight out deleting them however... Oh well. All I did was express support for your current work on the beta and patching system. Terribly sorry about that!

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:read the AGEod Forum rules thread here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15487

It has nothing to do with suppression/aggression. It has everything to do with stopping an off-topic discussion that was "growing" in a thread that is devoted to bug testing and reporting.

Ease off a fraction Gray. You are quite correct in what you say. May I suggest though that you point newer posters towards a new thread rather than hit them head on with confrontation.

Just my twopennyworth. :)

P.S. When/if AACW 2 is ever released I'lll gladly participate in an AAR to promote the offering (as its my forte) :thumbsup:

Gray_Lensman

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 am

deleted

Rafiki

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 am

Indeed, it was my call that we leave things be after Gray had swung The Big Axe a bit too far*. This thread is for discussing the beta patch; let's leave it for that.

That said, your opinions about how we do stuff matters, and I would like to see a thread of its own discussing the impact our approach to patching has on your enjoyment of the games. The main AACW forum is a good place for it; "General discussion" even better, since I imagine this is something that applies throughout. I'd hate for the discussion to ebb out due to a beta-thread getting whacked back on track :)

[color="Blue"]Also, I see the irony that posts discussing the other posts end up accumulating more distractive power than they did, so let's make this the last post not dealing with the beta. Further discussion should get a thread of its own, or, if you're more comfortable with it. feel free to PM me [/color] :thumbsup:

[SIZE="1"]* Let me tell you this: it's good that he is so much better at making AACW all it can be than he is at navigating vBulletin's administrative interfaces; recovering the posts is....un-straight-forward... ;) [/size]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Rasher
Private

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:04 am

My apologies for any agro caused guys. Point taken. Keep up the great work!

Rasher

richfed

R1.16 rc2

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:21 pm

richfed wrote:There are just a few things that need fixing in this beta ... off the top of my head the 3 main things are the build times issues, the signature not appearing [a flag, instead] in the political options, and the stack name issues, particularly as they relate to tabs [all non-divisions - and up - are called CSA force, as an example, even if a General is in the stack]. The game itself seems very stable.

My preference, and hope, is that you finish this project up.

Then, I look forward to VGN!!!

All of these issues are fixed in 1.16 RC2 :)
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

lodilefty

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”