DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Damaged in transit

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:40 pm

As often occurs to the Union, McDowell failed to satisfy his superiors, and was replaced with McClellan.

Sadly, General McClellan must have received a severe head injury on the trip, because he lost two Strategic rating points in the move!

Note that in this game, my opponent and I chose to use the "moderately randomized" option for generals, and I was gratefully relieved to see that my McClellan was a strategic 3. In fact, I promoted him to three stars as soon as he was unlocked, and sent him south to TN with the available army command, while McDowell concentrated on Manassas. Further, he actually won his first engagement (!) before being whisked away to Virginia. So far, it is actually playing out rather logically.

Sadly, upon arrival in Virginia, his strategic rating is now 1. :( I presume that this is directly due to the way the event is executed. Is this a hard limitation: must he be reverted back to the "historical" rating? Or might there be a way to more accurately move the McClellan that exists in that game at that time?

Many Thanks, -D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 am

deleted

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Thanks

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:26 am

Appreciate the clarity. -D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”