charlesonmission

Division error in AI game as well

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Lodilefty, I just turned on teh AI and opened up the 64 scenario as the CSA. The CSA has more than 30 division on the field, so I undid some of them, then the error was still there. Couldn't form division.

The picture of the error is attached for those that are interested.

Charles
Attachments
Division error.JPG

lodilefty

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:33 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Current turn and backup1 uploaded.

[ATTACH]15932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15933[/ATTACH]

I'm the CSA.
CSA is hosting.

Charles

Bug confirmed. No obvious reason that Divisions can't form... :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:05 pm

lodilefty wrote:Bug confirmed. No obvious reason that Divisions can't form... :(

...unless the engine is adding British Divisions to the total, which gets CSA to 30 I think :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

greenalien
Sergeant

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi, I'm playing a game with Charles here, and I've ran into a rather nasty bug. I've been surveying the map, pondering what should I do to stop the almighty CSA, and I've been reviewing several times my expenses. Suddenly when I open the ledger, I notice I'm one thousand dollars in surplus. This appears to be patently wrong.

I've looked at the number, and for some odd reason the engine has added up all the dollars-related numbers, expenses and income together, wrote them in as "next turn stock" AND made that sum available in this turn as well! :bonk:

I am playing the 1.16 patch without the quick fix. Charles has the full turn, I can only include the USA turn file and the replay file, please tell me if there's anything more you need.

Attachments
Charles Green~USA.rar
(151.05 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

richfed

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:28 pm

I did a completely fresh install of the game, the 1.16 beta patch, and this qwikfix. I started a new scenario - 1862 East as the CSA. Immediately, I broke up Holmes' division. I was then able to rebuild a division again without problem.

That is all the testing that I did, but I wanted to report it.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

charlesonmission

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:04 am

Thanks Richfed, in 1 of my PBEM games, the error didn't happen until a few turns in. I'm not a technical expert, so not sure what that exactly means though.

Charles

richfed wrote:I did a completely fresh install of the game, the 1.16 beta patch, and this qwikfix. I started a new scenario - 1862 East as the CSA. Immediately, I broke up Holmes' division. I was then able to rebuild a division again without problem.

That is all the testing that I did, but I wanted to report it.

OneArmedMexican
General

Building supply depots beyond level 1

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:04 pm

If I am not very mistaken, it was possible to build depots beyond level 1 in previous versions? Since I installed the hotfix this is impossible in ACW. Similarly it is impossible in RUS, WiA and RoP. Same bug? Regardless of the game and the amount of supply trains in a stack the button "build depot" isn't available if there already is a level 1 depot in a region.

Somehow the game engine seems to mistake level 1 depots for a higher level. Consequently, the "build depot" button is greyed out and the tooltip announces that "level 2 depots can't be razed".

This very much looks like a gift from PoN retrofitted to haunt the older AGE games. :(

If savegames are needed, please let me know.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:28 am

I'm pretty sure you could never build depots above level 1 in AACW. If you try to raze a depot with a unit that can't do that (ie locked unit, general, etc) then you get the "can't raise depot above level 2" message regardless though. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

I've noticed some depot issues in RUS, but nothing that's transferred over to ACW yet with the new patches.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:49 am

I raised the same question some time ago in the spanish forum and apparently no one has been able to build level 2 depots with any patch.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

charlesonmission

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:35 am

Has anyone else out there had the division bug limiation noted above?

Charles

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 am

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned I'm still playing with 1.15 patch. ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

charlesonmission

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:10 am

Well I figure someone has to find problems, if they exist.... :) Lodilefty, any news on the division issue?

Charles

Ethan wrote:Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned I'm still playing with 1.15 patch. ;)

charlesonmission

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Lodiliefty,

Okay, this inspired me. I opened up the 1864 CSA scenario, and started undoing division after division,finally I could form a division. The question is I had 8 actual division, and it said I had 18 on the field. So are there about 10 British divisions that are being counted with the CSA? And is it an easy issue to fix?

Charles

lodilefty wrote:...unless the engine is adding British Divisions to the total, which gets CSA to 30 I think :blink:

Pocus

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I confirm that the ENG (GBR :) ) divisions are now factored (and this is not WAD)... But the code has not changed, to my knowledge (or memory). I'll check with Lodilefty if something else changed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Pocus wrote:I confirm that the ENG (GBR :) ) divisions are now factored (and this is not WAD)... But the code has not changed, to my knowledge (or memory). I'll check with Lodilefty if something else changed.

Only changes from 1.16 RC4 are
= adding Experience.opt,
=new LocalStrings__AGE.csv,
=new Version name in System.opt,
=add "empty" TerraIncognita.png
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm

I really don't see what has changed... So I edited things this way:

a) only divisions led by a leader which is in the CoopTag list are factored. This means for the CSA only CSA leaders, as there is no cooperation set between CSA and GBR e.g. So we are down to 27 divisions counted for the 1864 scenario, maximum allowed 30.

b) corollary to (b), to avoid exploit, you can't form new divisions if the leader is not with the right tag (cooptag). You can keep the existing ones. e.g you can keep the GBR divisions, but can't create new ones

I really don't see how the thing could have worked before in fact...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Ethan wrote:Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned I'm still playing with 1.15 patch. ;)

Well other games such as Rus, Wia and Rop does not have stable 1.15 patch. ;)
Sorry to post in this thread :neener:

lodilefty

Qf2

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 pm

QwikFix 2 posted

See post #1 of this thread. :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Lodiliefty, sounds great. Can you confirm that this should be applied only after 1.16 without the first quick fix. I.E, I assume we can't put quick fix 2 over quick fix 1.

Charles

lodilefty wrote:QwikFix 2 posted

See post #1 of this thread. :)

lodilefty

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:05 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Lodiliefty, sounds great. Can you confirm that this should be applied only after 1.16 without the first quick fix. I.E, I assume we can't put quick fix 2 over quick fix 1.

Charles

You can apply 1 over 2, as the only real difference is the Executable file ACW.exe

I'll update post 1 to clarify this :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Dixicrat
General

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for the qwikfix2, Lodi.

Plus, belated thanks for the "stack memory" thing. That has bugged me for years: do the Alt+click thing to rename a stack, and then have the new name wiped when I add another unit.

Good job! :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Unfortunately there is still a freeze after a battle, no battle and no freeze. OS is win 7 32 bit.

Another thing is as that was the case in RUS for months there is a delay for gaining MC in a captured region(Most probably because of PON exe,). Harbour, city and ships captured and there is still disputed ownership after 2 turns.(Even Norfolk home militia formed :bonk: ) Contradicts with the F10 objective screen that Norfolk is in Confederate hands.

[ATTACH]15991[/ATTACH]
Attachments
AACW 2011-09-23 21-27-38-20.jpg
1861 April w-KY Campaign0.rar
(256.76 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
backup1.rar
(263.13 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
backup2.rar
(256.06 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
backup3.rar
(273.95 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

Carnium

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:09 pm

In some of the earliest 1.16 RCs it was impossible to win by controlling all the required strategic towns in the Objective list i.e. it seems that it was broken. Is that fixed now or is it actually a WAD?

Cdr. McBragg
Private

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:23 am

Regardless of the game and the amount of supply trains in a stack the button "build depot" isn't available if there already is a level 1 depot in a region.

I just installed RC4 and Quikfix 2, and I can't build a depot in a region where there is no depot. Playing as the Union, I usually build a depot in the Allegany region where Patterson's Force appears, but the option is grayed out.

Cdr. McBragg
Private

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 am

I can't build a depot in a region where there is no depot.

It seems that a supply wagon cannot be used to build a depot unless at least half of its elements are 2/3 strength or better. This was not the case in 1.15. Is this an intentional change?

charlesonmission

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:48 am

I can't quote where I read it, but yes, I believe this is intentional.

Charles

Cdr. McBragg wrote:It seems that a supply wagon cannot be used to build a depot unless at least half of its elements are 2/3 strength or better. This was not the case in 1.15. Is this an intentional change?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Cdr. McBragg wrote:It seems that a supply wagon cannot be used to build a depot unless at least half of its elements are 2/3 strength or better. This was not the case in 1.15. Is this an intentional change?

I can not comment about 1.16RC4a patch and its quickfix 2, but it's true that in 1.15 patch you can build a depot with a damaged supply wagon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Ethan wrote:I can not comment about 1.16RC4a patch and its quickfix 2, but it's true that in 1.15 patch you can build a depot with a damaged supply wagon.

AFAIK, you need 4 "SupplyType" Elements at 50% or higher strength.

Elements: typically 4 per wagon, transport fleet, etc.

This was established in version 1.14
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:If I am not very mistaken, it was possible to build depots beyond level 1 in previous versions? Since I installed the hotfix this is impossible in ACW. Similarly it is impossible in RUS, WiA and RoP. Same bug? Regardless of the game and the amount of supply trains in a stack the button "build depot" isn't available if there already is a level 1 depot in a region.

Somehow the game engine seems to mistake level 1 depots for a higher level. Consequently, the "build depot" button is greyed out and the tooltip announces that "level 2 depots can't be razed".

This very much looks like a gift from PoN retrofitted to haunt the older AGE games. :(

If savegames are needed, please let me know.

The MaxLevel for Depots in AACW is = 1, so you can't build a higher level.

Note that a level 2+ can be defined (built) in a setup or event.

Note 2: Max level defined in WIA = 3, NCP = 1, RUS = 4, RoP = 4. VGN has a rather more complex structure system....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:09 pm

lodilefty wrote:AFAIK, you need 4 "SupplyType" Elements at 50% or higher strength.

Elements: typically 4 per wagon, transport fleet, etc.

This was established in version 1.14

Hi Lodilefty.

What I meant is that I have built depots with a heavily damaged supply wagon, ie with less than 50% strength, particularly with 33% strength (1/3), IIRC.

I'm certain of that, because I never buy replacements for supply wagons.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”