gbs
Colonel

Winter weather in the South..

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:02 pm

I think some changes could be made here. In my current campaign there was snow all the way down both sides of the Mississippi and into New Orleans and it was October. I'll bet that has never happened. I live in Augusta Georgia and we havn't seen a snow flake in 5 years, just some occasional freezing rain and it is all melted within two days and usually the same day. I think the only areas that should show snow conditions are the mountain areas of Virginia, NC, and Tennessee. Also only in the very upper regions of SC, Georgia, and Alabama. Other than that, even if there is snow in middle Louisiana for example, it never stays on the ground more than a few days. With AACW's 15 day turns, I don't think snow should show at all in all other regions of the south. I'm don't know much about Kentucky or Missouri but i understand it is much colder there.
Another thing that would be neet to implement would be the possible distruction of ships in the shipping and Blockade boxes (especially in the Gulf)during late August through early October. This would represent the hurricane season. I know the percentage chance would be small but it would give the players on both sides something to think about. Those guys didn't have much early warning, just all of a sudden the are in 85 to 125 MPH winds. By by ship. :sourcil:

PhilThib

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Winter weather is currently under complete reworking. You are right, but it takes a bit of time though...please be patient

Hurricanes are in already :niark:

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”