Do we limit the quantity of Divisions that can be formed?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Yes
22%
No
75%
Abstain (don't care)
3%

Total votes: 36
Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 am

I went with "Yes" simply because a programm can be tweaked to death. The issues of 1.16 should be resolved before totally untested features or tweaks are implemented that may (or most certainly will) raise new issues.
You can't do it with both hands at the same time, if you catch my meaning.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

Citizen X wrote:I went with "Yes" simply because a programm can be tweaked to death. The issues of 1.16 should be resolved before totally untested features or tweaks are implemented that may (or most certainly will) raise new issues.
You can't do it with both hands at the same time, if you catch my meaning.

This is true. However, I don't think taking the Div limit out will affect much. It won't be an issue until late 1863 at the earliest. The subsequent changes to manpower or economics will be the changes that need to be tested.

lodilefty

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Just chatted with the Phils....

Division limit removal should (in theory) slightly favor CSA

We'll soon add a new attribute that can be assigned to a leader to prevent him from forming a division :w00t:

We'll investigate changing the resources required to form ($$, Conscripts, WSU)

For now, Division limits will remain as is, to be explored in a mod (whebever I can get the patch done!)

Thank you all for your input! :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:14 pm

My input on this:

Could the South have fielded more than 30 divisions? Ans. Yes, and seems clear they in fact did.
There already is a "limit" on number of divisions built in with available manpower and artillery, so focus on that:

--higher NM costs for mobilizations
--double the costs for division activations beyond existing limits of CSA 30/US 60.
--Perhaps set second tier divisional limits at CSA 40/US 80

I would have liked to see divisional HQs for HQ builds beyond 30/60 but I gather the AI has trouble with that.

caranorn

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 pm

lodilefty wrote:Just chatted with the Phils....

Division limit removal should (in theory) slightly favor CSA

We'll soon add a new attribute that can be assigned to a leader to prevent him from forming a division :w00t:

We'll investigate changing the resources required to form ($$, Conscripts, WSU)

For now, Division limits will remain as is, to be explored in a mod (whebever I can get the patch done!)

Thank you all for your input! :love:

Any new attribute sounds like a good idea, be it for AACW or other age engine games :-D ...
Marc aka Caran...

Gray-Lensman
Civilian

Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 am

bigus wrote:We could have the best of both worlds. Since the division limit seems to be set in each scenario. We could have one scenario with a division limit and one without. You could have multiple versions of the same scenario. I'm not sure if thats the direction you want to go.

Correct. It was done that way deliberately, anticipating a future change like now. Furthermore, support was added elsewhere to allow up to 99 divisions for either side. If you want more than 99 divisions, then the associated .fac file will have to be edited for additional names over and above 99.

edit> (in addition) The main limitation to the use of events to set the Division limits is that the event has to occur for the limit to be effectively changed. This means that a player/gamer would not see a limit change UNTIL the start of the 2nd turn of whatever scenario is being played. I considered this a minor inconvenience for the ability to change the limit independently for any campaign scenario. This was not done for any of the short scenarios though it could easily be applied.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”