FM WarB
Colonel

Model file questions

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:31 am

I continue to marvel at the sophistication of this game system, and have these questions. As I'm preparing a spreadsheet of model types, I've come up with these questions:

Why do German Line infantry have an ROF of 1?

Are all properties of the SubType value listed in the manual, or Living rules?

Do Family values only apply to replacement capabilities? (PC note: I am in favor of family values.)

What do these values in the Models files mean, and what do the numbers associated with them mean?
CohMove, ProgRate, SupHitPen, SupMovePen, SupCbtPen

I believe that Range and combat rounds, maximum 8 rounds or "hours" are related inversely. Assault round, the last being Range0.
No model has a Range of 4; might that be the missing light artillery?
No model has a Range of 7; might that be the first round, when any cavalry initially fight, and retreat option is first determined?

It is often better to ask, than guess,,,I guess.

PhilThib

Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:48 am

Hok being away the next 3 days, I'll do the answering (i'll be away myself today and monday) :cwboy:

Why do German Line infantry have an ROF of 1? Should be the same as British line...

Are all properties of the SubType value listed in the manual, or Living rules? Living rules...

Do Family values only apply to replacement capabilities? (PC note: I am in favor of family values.) yes and no. They also have some impact on movement.

What do these values in the Models files mean, and what do the numbers associated with them mean?
CohMove: cohesion lost on movement
ProgRate: percentage of getting extra experience
SupHitPen: hit suffered for lack of supply
SupMovePen: movement penalty for lack of supply
SupCbtPen: combat penalty for lack of supply

I believe that Range and combat rounds, maximum 8 rounds or "hours" are related inversely. Assault round, the last being Range0.
Combat starts at the highest allowed range (i.e. after terrain and wheather modifications), then each round range decreases by 1 till we reach 0, where assault are processed.

No model has a Range of 4; might that be the missing light artillery? may be, never figured this like that. Why not

No model has a Range of 7; might that be the first round, when any cavalry initially fight, and retreat option is first determined? No, range applies only to shooting. We have different variables for cavalry charge and also for its skirmishing ability...

Return to “Birth of America”