Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Software Pointer

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:28 pm

The pen/marshal's baton/pointer that changes to the national colors of whatever side you are playing is a very nice touch.

But at the risk of being an ingrate, the version of the pointer that I like best is the first one that you see before you load a scenario.

Is there any way to make the blank, generic, solid blue pointer a software pointer option?

So when you go into the display section (or whatever it is called) you can select hardware pointer (the ugly microsoft thing), generic software pointer, or side-specific software pointer.

Pocus

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 pm

You are speaking of BOA right?

You can tweak what are the pointers to be used, look in the graphics\cursors directory :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Actually I was speaking of both BoA and AACW.

Do I simply make extra copies of the blue pointer and give it the names of the various colored ones? Or is there an easier way?

I really like the French Royalist pointer -- it reminds me of the marshal's baton my ex-wife always hoped someone would give her for her birthday...

Return to “Birth of America”