Stwa
Colonel

Detail Popup Box inquiry

Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:08 am

Hi all,

I have been wondering just how many of you rely upon the unit detail popup. This is the screen that shows a small portrait of the leader or unit, plus game related data about the unit itself.

Most of this data is just numerical, so generally it needs to be compared to another unit's detail to put it into perspective.

So, please let me know how beneficial this feature is to you. On my on copy of the game I was thinking about modding this popup screen out. I know I don't have to click on it, but I hardly even use it at all nowdays.

Just wondering ... :bonk:

Hobbes

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi Stwa, I used it a lot when I started the game to understand the differences between units but I use it less often now. The main reason I take a look is to see the leader ability tooltip or at the start of a scenario to get an idea about my troop quality.

You have given me an idea though. Just to give Pocus even more work I would like to see the numbers replaced with words such as Elite, Good, Fair or Poor to describe troop quality etc (maybe also in different colours) then we would not have to spend so much time comparing one unit to another to decide whether a 9 is an Elite or Good value for "offensive fire" and so on.

For number crunchers the actual numerical value could be displayed as a tooltip over the word.

Cheers, Chris
P.S. no, I just cannot see why you would want to mod something out that you do not have to see - are you weirder than me? :sourcil:

Stwa
Colonel

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Hobbes wrote:Hi Stwa, I used it a lot when I started the game to understand the differences between units but I use it less often now. The main reason I take a look is to see the leader ability tooltip or at the start of a scenario to get an idea about my troop quality.

You have given me an idea though. Just to give Pocus even more work I would like to see the numbers replaced with words such as Elite, Good, Fair or Poor to describe troop quality etc (maybe also in different colours) then we would not have to spend so much time comparing one unit to another to decide whether a 9 is an Elite or Good value for "offensive fire" and so on.

For number crunchers the actual numerical value could be displayed as a tooltip over the word.

Cheers, Chris
P.S. no, I just cannot see why you would want to mod something out that you do not have to see - are you weirder than me? :sourcil:

Duh, the leader abilities <SLAPS FOREHEAD>. I forgot about these. :8o:

And, yes, I am weirder than you. :nuts:

Return to “Birth of America”