Jarhead0331
Conscript

Reinforcements?

Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:46 pm

I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I'm more than a little curious about the mechanics behind reinforcements...Currently, I'm playing the 1776 Campaign (full revolution) as the British...There are about 60 turns left...By all appearances, I have really kicked the rebels in the teeth...I control all strategic locations except for pittsburgh...and all minor locations except for Ticonderoga and Norwich...all major rebel military units have been defeated or destroyed outright...Given the situation, I was very suprised to see a major Continental Army spring up right near Boston...the entire area is British controlled and I have major troop concentrations in all 4 compass directions...it seems highly unlikely that this large army was able to sneek through my surrounding forces and get at the Boston area...My question is, how was this army formed? where did it come from and how did it sneak into a critical, and unfortunately for me, undefended area? :bonk: :p leure:

[FS] Feltan
Sergeant

Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:21 am

Jarhead,

I doubt it "sprang up" out of no where. Meaning, it did not materialize out of no where.

My guess is that it was always lurking in the hinterland you did not control. Norwich is not such an unimportant city. Quite a few rebel reinforcements show up there.

What you are experiencing is a good AI. As the British, you have just suffered what they did at Trenton. ("HEY! You can't cross the Delaware during Winter!")

Regards,
Feltan
"Fishcakes" the other F-word.

[FS] is the tag for the Mighty Free Soldiers on-line gaming clan. Visit at http://www.freesoldiers.net

Jarhead0331
Conscript

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Yeah...and it would have been nice if you had warned me about that french fleet lurking off the coast too...

:fleb:

Pocus

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:58 am

Jarhead0331 wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I'm more than a little curious about the mechanics behind reinforcements...Currently, I'm playing the 1776 Campaign (full revolution) as the British...There are about 60 turns left...By all appearances, I have really kicked the rebels in the teeth...I control all strategic locations except for pittsburgh...and all minor locations except for Ticonderoga and Norwich...all major rebel military units have been defeated or destroyed outright...Given the situation, I was very suprised to see a major Continental Army spring up right near Boston...the entire area is British controlled and I have major troop concentrations in all 4 compass directions...it seems highly unlikely that this large army was able to sneek through my surrounding forces and get at the Boston area...My question is, how was this army formed? where did it come from and how did it sneak into a critical, and unfortunately for me, undefended area? :bonk: :p leure:

an interesting question... perhaps your detection value was not very high? There is no big continental army renforcement in the scripts, and the AI dont cheat either. If you still have the savegame, I can look at your issue (tell me the month where they pop up).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Jarhead0331
Conscript

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:36 pm

I should have thought of at the time, but I played on and failed to get that info. If I see something like that again, I will be sure to get more specifics...

Return to “Birth of America”