Manie_de
Conscript

Letter Icon

Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi there !

Bought BoA yesterday and after the minipatch I enjoy it a lot (before I couldn't manage to win the Carolinas scenario as the Brits).

Don't know if my question is already answered somewhere else and I couldn't find it in the manual, but what is the meaning of the letter icon at the upper left of the unit symbols on the map ?

Delayed orders ?
Only thing I found was a short mentioning in the leaders section of the manual when it came to the execution of orders at 50%; but I have no clue what it means exactly.

Thanks and bye,

Martin

PhilThib

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:22 pm

The letters next to the NATO symbol on (mostly) militia units is the State ID of them (e.g. MD units are from Maryland)

As for the leaders, the Strategic Rating is very important. if the value is 3 or less, the chance of activation each month is 50% or less...

Pocus

Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:52 pm

and if a leader is inactive, he will move at 50% speed, without the possibility of going on the offensive.

Were you experiencing random crashes before the patch?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:32 am

I think by "letters" he meant "envelope"...the icon to the left of the "sprite". I have wondered this too. No crashes btw, been playing off and on since early morning.

Manie_de
Conscript

Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:39 am

Yeah,

HellPatrol is right.

I meant the envelope icon (in the manual it is referred as "letter" icon) and managed yesterday to find out, that it simply means, that the unit is activated and will have no speed penalties and can perform offensive actions.

The symbol is also shown over the unit information taskbar (below the map) left of the supply and ammunition icons and has a tool-tip !

As for crashes: haven't played to much before the patch, but IIRC there were no crashes (and I also own a NVIDIA 6600).

I like this game more and more and wanted to say thanks for this good and fast support.

I'm really looking forward to other games with this engine (easy to use, hard to master) !

Bye,

Martin

PhilThib

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:52 am

Yes, the "letter" is a symbol of whether the leader is active or not (when the letter is grayed-out, it means the leader has not opened his mail with instructions and is staying idle :grr: )...

Return to “Birth of America”